Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nesbitt2503
What's DOS?
Views: 1,368
Message 1 of 6

yoga 2 pro system shuts down when plug in micro hdmi cable

Hi

Has anyone had a problem with their yoga 2 pro shutting down when pluggin in a micro hdmi cable? And if so is this fixable?

I noticed a user at notebookreview forum had the same issue but it seemed to go away using a different cable - I am just wondering whether, irrespective of whether it works with another cable, i should return my machine in case it goes wrong again in the future with a different cable that may work initially...

Thanks

delboy1952
Paper Tape
Views: 1,289
Message 2 of 6

Re: yoga 2 pro system shuts down when plug in micro hdmi cable

I have the same issue, I have to insert the cable when the computer is turned off. I also had the problem that the socket is too receased to allow the cable to connect properly.

lootzius
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,260
Message 3 of 6

I could imagine the cable shorting something out if it does not make it completely into the socket. Try a different micro HDMi cable or shave off a few fractions of an inch off of your micro HDMi cale housing to expose more of the connector end. It made a HUGE difference for me. No more strange on/off screen issues on a external monitor. Even though I never had an issue with the Y2P just shutting off...

Good luck to you...

signer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,215
Message 4 of 6

I have to change my cable. Because cutting of some plastic at the didn't fix my problem of the yoga shutdown when plugging in the hdmi cable...

I will post again, if my problem is solved with a new cable.

delboy1952
Paper Tape
Views: 1,174
Message 5 of 6

I bought  micro to HDMI adaptor from PC trading and the issues are resolved, the SKU was PCT-58 and it cost £4.49! so an easy fix.

tt2013
Paper Tape
Views: 1,013
Message 6 of 6

i try to post, but don't know how to do it.  Please help to post!

The cable does not make it completely into the socket, so it does not show the images on an external  screen and  the computer is turned off

The problem is solved with a new cable that i bought  at Micro Center.  I bought a cable made by GE HDMI 87725 6' HDMI Mobility Kit, SKU:306423 $56.99.

This Kit provides full HD video plus surround sound for all brands in one connection. Provides HDMI connectivity to smartphones, tablets, cameras, camcorders and more.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/408807/6_HDMI_Mobility_Kit

Good Luck to all...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors