Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
defeat5
What's DOS?
Views: 1,114
Message 1 of 7

yoga 3 pro 3 usb port and no ether ne port :(

Dear .,..

i have problem in my laptop yoga 3 pro he his 3 port usb and Without a network port , i want buy usb etherne but which one type support in my laptop .

and i want more USB which one modul compatibility with lenovo yoga pro 3

and same Friends told me have same problem with usb hub not compatible

please help me

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,106
Message 2 of 7

Re: yoga 3 pro 3 usb port and no ether ne port :(

Hello and welcome,

The Y3P is too thin for an ethernet connector Smiley Wink

I have tested this USB 3.0/Ethernet dongle with my Y3P and it works OK.  I only made a brief test.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0095EFXMC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EthernetDongle.jpg

If you also need a USB 3.0 hub this will probably work for you.  I have not tested it.

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Portable-Gigabit-Ethernet-ST3300GU3B/dp/B00MN27LXW

EthernetAndUSBDongle.jpg

There are probably other manufacturers with similar products.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Guru
Views: 1,081
Message 3 of 7

I bought exactly the same device to use with Yoga 3 pro and I recommend it as well.

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
Limpaar
Paper Tape
Views: 1,038
Message 4 of 7

Yes, there are additional costs involved if you buy Yoga 3 Pro and want to stay connected to most of hardware.

No ethernet (need USB 3.0 to Ethernet adaptor)

HDMI is micro-HDMI (need micro-HDMI to female HDMI or to VGA or even both if you want to make presentation at different customers on their projectors). Not everyone has a female connector - usually it just male that you could connect to most of older laptops).

To be fully prepared to work and connect to everything that can comes up on the road...  it's additional 100-200 $

Guru
Views: 1,029
Message 5 of 7

Just to clarify it's MicroHDMI not MiniHDMI.

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
Limpaar
Paper Tape
Views: 1,012
Message 6 of 7

Yes, sorry.. my bad. Corrected in post.

AndyCalling
Token Ring
Views: 1,003
Message 7 of 7

Also to clarify, you do not need some female converter? A standard micro hdmi lead, male to male, works fine. The USB ports (not sure about the power/usb combo port) are standard and should work with any USB hub that follows USB standards. That said, if the hub does not have a separate PSU you will need to carefully share out the power. Attach too much and you will get issues if you just use one port's power.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors