Did you mean: 
Highlighted
thelake
Paper Tape
Views: 3,964
Message 1 of 10

yoga 330-11igm ssd upgrade

hi all, 

I'm trying to add a ssd drive to my yoga that has  a 64gb emmc as main unit onboard. It has also an M2 slot so I installed a Samsung 860 . It sees the new hard drive and I've been also able to install the os (win10-64bit). As the touch pad after the install didn't work , I restart the system and as a result now also the keyboard doesn't work. If I start the system with the factory disk I got the same problems. If I remove the M2 SSD , everything works. Bios issue(I'm using the last released for this model) ? Or could it be the new drive ?   

thanks for any help in advance.

VV_le_Breton
What's DOS?
Views: 3,857
Message 2 of 10

Re: yoga 330-11igm ssd upgrade

Successful test with SSD Kingston SM2280S3G2/240G.

Here is my process :

- Backup the eMMC disk with Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 Recovery Media (the 16 version was in failure)

- Download with another PC of all Yoga 300 updates : BIOS, drivers ...

- During the W10 Pro (1803 version) install, SHIFT+F10 to launch diskpart in order to clean the disk 1 (eMMC).

Nice, the Kingston SSD is the disk 0.

- Install W10 on the disk 0

- Touchpad didn't work --> Mouse connection

- Microsoft updates downloaded and installed

- Lenovo updates installation

But the BIOS has not updated yet.

Good luck.

thelake
Paper Tape
Views: 3,828
Message 3 of 10

thanks, now it's working. I think the key was to clean the emmc disk, I've been able to do through choosing the advanced install of w10, not using the shift-f10 command you suggested(which is correct , but maybe not so easy). And yes , had to install drivers in the end , but everything is working now so thank you!

Fabrizio58
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,906
Message 4 of 10

I read the messages and I bought the yoga 330-11igm but it does not correspond to the truth. I open the notebook and can not insert SSD. IT IS EVERYTHING INTEGRATED. if I knew it, I would never buy LENOVO again.

Ho letto i messaggi ed ho acquistato il yoga 330-11igm ma non corrisponde al vero. Ho aperto notebook e non ha la possibilità di inserire SSD. È TUTTO INTEGRATO. se lo sapevo non comperavo

thelake
Paper Tape
Views: 2,895
Message 5 of 10

Se la sigla è quella che dici questo pc DEVE avere una slot M2 dove va inserito l'SSD : ovviamente con quel connettore e soprattutto interfaccia SATA. Per farti capire, l'ssd che ho inserito io è questo:

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B078WQT6SB/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

Ti allego il service manual , che spiega dove è montato di preciso.

Fabrizio58
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,890
Message 6 of 10

Grazie per aver valutato il messaggio ti inserisco foto e raccontami cosa vedi.. Avevo letto tutto per quello ho acquistato purtroppo non è vero. Ci sono vari modelli io penso.

Traslate. 

Thank you for evaluating the message I post photos and tell me what you see .. I had read everything for what I bought unfortunately it is not true. There are various models I think.

Fabrizio58
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,865
Message 7 of 10

Grazie per le risposte, desidero confermare che l'assistenza tecnica mi ha detto che si, c'è slot M2 ora mando in laboratorio e la prossima settimana comunico esito del lavoro dei tecnici grazie

traslated:

Thanks for the answers, I would like to confirm that the technical assistance told me that yes, there is M2 slot. now I send to the laboratory and next week I communicate the work of the technicians thanks

thelake
Paper Tape
Views: 2,862
Message 8 of 10

Attento che lo slot è coperto dal flat che va verso la mb, sicuro che non c'è niente? Dai un occhio alle foto del mio che ti allego.

Fabrizio58
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,845
Message 9 of 10

Ciao Grazie un aiuto per me e un aiuto per tante persone che ora capiscono che GENTILE GRAZIE sei molto bravo grazie che bello il tuo SSD bellissimo , immagino che costa molto però..è vero che diventa piu veloce? pensavo anch'io a modello come il tuo. In internet dicono che i samsung M2 scaldano troppo. come va il tuo SSD? si il mio slot è vuoto. sono molto felice della tua esperienza mi trovo molto bene con questo notebook un gioiello. purtroppo ha pochi GB ma se riesco a inserire un SSD, diventa un portatile speciale . grazie ci sentiamo buon week end.

Translated:

Hello. Thank you. help for me. and help for many people. now they know. 330 yoga hardware. you are very kind THANK YOU. and you're very good thanks. how nice your SSD. beautiful, I guess it costs a lot .. but it is true that the 330 -11 IMG. becomes faster? I was thinking of installing myself. model like yours. On the Internet. tell that the samsung M2. they heat up too much. how's your SSD going? Yes friend. my slot is empty. I am very happy with your experience. I feel very comfortable with this notebook. a jewel. Unfortunately it has few Gb. if I can insert an SSD, it becomes a special laptop. thanks we feel good weekend.

thelake
Paper Tape
Views: 2,816
Message 10 of 10

hi , the ssd as you can see from the link to Amazon costs about 200eu , a bit less. It is faster than the original for sure, but not so much I expected; anyway absolutely enought for my purpose. No problem with overheating at all.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors