01-06-2018 08:49 AM
I have Lenovo yoga 500-ISK and it has touch screen, but I have a problem with it as it doesn't work when I turn the laptop on. The touch screen is totally dead until I go to the device manager and disable and then enable an usb driver that is showing an error message. The message is: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).
Then after I have disabled and enabled it, it just disappears. I have also tried to disable the features which allow the computer to shut down devices to save power. All the drivers are up to date and the laptop has been sent to the repair center twice. The lcd screen and motherboard has been replaced. both, I and the repaircenter have ran extensive tests and none of them has found anything. I just can't think any other solution than asking lenovo for a replacement device. If anyone has had similar problems and has managed to solve them, it woud be nice if you could help me in this. Any suggestions are welcome.
02-12-2018 06:06 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Have a read of the following posting on an older forum posting, see if this is able to help you out at all:
Hi, I more often than not keep getting unresponsive touch screen when resuming from hibernation. It was sort of fixed from device driver updates a couple of months back, but in the pasts 2 weeks the same problem returns. It's frustrating when a trusted brand laptop is 'buggy' in this manner.
The workaround that has been successful so far is:
1. Open Device Manager (Win-X > M)
2. Look for HID-complaint touch screen entry in Human interface devices section
3. If missing, look for a failed device driver in Universal Serial Bus controllers section (exclamation mark icon)
4. Delete (or uninstall) that entry
5. Click on Action > Scan for hardware changes
6. Look for HID-complaint touch screen entry in Human interface devices section. There should be one now
7. Test the touch screen again (for me, it always works again after this 'hack')
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.