Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yoga5201
What's DOS?
Views: 1,491
Message 1 of 10

yoga 520 fan noise

hey, my lenovo yoga 520 do a lot of noise from the fan, also when I only on internet or word.. not in heavy things. who can i fix this? i have the computer only one year.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,431
Message 2 of 10

Re: yoga 520 fan noise

Hi yoga5201!

Welcome to the Community,

Was there any changes on the performance of the laptop when it happens? Does it occur as soon as you turn on your laptop? Use the Lenovo Vantage to download the latest Drivers and BIOS for your laptop.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081

Lenovo Vantage can be downloaded from Microsoft Store. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

LenovoUserId
Paper Tape
Views: 1,349
Message 3 of 10

I have same problem too.. how about now? does the problem solve?
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,346
Message 4 of 10

Hi @LenovoUserId !

Welcome to the community,

You may try installing all the driver and BIOS update using the Lenovo Vantage first as what was advised and observe for any changes.

Update us how it goes afterwards.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

LenovoUserId
Paper Tape
Views: 1,329
Message 5 of 10

I have done all your suggestion but it seems that problem not fixed. . is it alright with Chrome and MS. office after update BIOS and update driver the sound of the fan just fine, but everytime i open photoshop the fan sounds very horrible altough i just doing simple graphic. So everytime i open the photoshop, i also open task manager  and i found that photoshop consume minimum 45% of the CPU and its sound horrible for me.

When i opened Photoshop and Chrome at the same time it's so scary because the sound of the fan just unusual for me.. so, what should i do? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,327
Message 6 of 10

Hi @yoga5201 !

Thanks for updating us. Let's try the steps below:

Right click on the Battery Icon in the Taskbar and select Power Options. Click on Change Plan Settings under the Power plan you want to change. Click on Change advanced power settings. Click on Change Settings that are currently unavailable and look for Processor Power Management. Under Maximum Processor State, change it to 99%. Do it for both Plugged in and on Battery. Apply the changes and update us with the result.

LenovoUserId
Paper Tape
Views: 1,324
Message 7 of 10

i have done it 2 days ago, but nothing change

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,322
Message 8 of 10

Does the laptop overheat when the fan goes loud? Photoshop program are intensive apps, consuming CPU causes it to heat up. Due to that, the fan will start running to avoid the CPU from overheating. As the issue only happen when using Photoshop, we can say that there's no issue with the laptops hardware component itself.

LenovoUserId
Paper Tape
Views: 1,319
Message 9 of 10

but i found quiet mode on the newest bios update.. is it safety for my Yoga 520 to enabling quiet option? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,316
Message 10 of 10

That is fine. We can try that. That'll be under System Performance Mode in BIOS configuration tab. Follow the guide in the link below to access BIOS,

https://support.lenovo.com/ru/en/solutions/ht500216

After changing the BIOS settings, press Fn+F10 / F10 to exit saving changes afterwards.

Update us how it goes.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors