Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SimplyHarald
Paper Tape
Views: 1,060
Message 1 of 3

yoga 520 screen freeze, vertical and horizontal lines. Help?

Hey,

So i bought a lenovo yoga 520 laptop early this year and at first was very happy with the product. Over time I started to notice som flimmering and vertical lines appearing and disapearing and at first i Thought that I was just imagening things. Over time this has progressed more and more into a very serious problem where I sometimes spend minutes flipping the screen around to get it in a position where the screen doesn't automatically freeze. I've updated all the systems and have been searching the internet for a solution and I very sure that the cable connected to screen is loose. I live in a small town near Gothenburg in Sweden and I've been struggling to with finding a solution.

The support website doesn't even allow me to give my correct adress when i submit a service request and I dont have a lot of time left over to spend all day looking for a solution. I havenät dropped or damaged the laptop in any way and I have only travelledwith it back and forth to school. I need this laptop for my studies but I'm worried that I wont be able to interact with it in a few more weeks at the rate this problem is increasing. I have a 2 year warranty and I've been trying to find a way to go through the proper channels but I'm really struggling.

Can anybody give me some advice on how to procced, or even better give a the location of a place where I can actually turn it in for repairs preferebly without losing the warranty (since it clearly seems to be the company who's at fault.)? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,029
Message 2 of 3

Re: yoga 520 screen freeze, vertical and horizontal lines. Help?

Hello SimplyHarald,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums. Are you currently in Sweden? If so, here's how to locate a service provider : https://lnv.gy/2ERdo7v (filter by Country).

You can also call our phone support team in Sweden :

46-775-757-411(Warranty service and support) 
For Lenovo & Idea products #2
For Think products #3
For Server #4
To identify your product #0
Swedish
9:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday
Think Products, Lenovo Products, Tablets, Smart

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

KCheong
Paper Tape
Views: 349
Message 3 of 3

Re: yoga 520 screen freeze, vertical and horizontal lines. Help?

What was the final solution for this issue? Did Lenovo replaced the laptop for such issue since it's under warranty?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors