Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Z0har
Paper Tape
Views: 2,539
Message 1 of 5

yoga 530 won't turn on

First thing first, I know there is a topic about the same issue but for YOGA 900.

As I returned from Budapest (was very nice but 7 days are WAY more then you need), after the security check while waiting for my plane I try to open my computer and find out – it doesn't turn on. **bleep**.

My first thought was that the X-RAY scanner at the airport security destroy my computer but after a few short breaths I realized this is really stupid – I'm sure the X-RAY has nothing to do with my current problem.

So, I thought "maybe the battery drains or dead, need to check it first". Plug the AC adapter (ORIGINAL) into the wall and the white light indicator turn on – this means the battery receiving power and fully charge – try to press the power and…nothing, the computer won't turn on. At this point I taught maybe the power on / off switch is stuck and preventing the computer from start up but it was loose and seems ok.

Because my flight was delayed =_= and I have many issues with rejected gratification I had to figure it out. I pressed the "HARD RESET TINY HALL" next to the power bottom with tiny toothpick (thanks god I can't do anything bad with it on the airplane, but with bottle of water of course I can – sarcasm) – the computer turn on! – and after a few seconds turn off again.

At this point it's a good time to consult the great internet. So, I try pressing the power bottom to 1 min when it's fold, 90 degree or 360 degree, while it's connected to AC adapter or not – nothing seems to work.

Then I encounter video that explain how to reset the BIOS from the inside of the computer, try to do that but I can't find the **bleep** BIOS or the powr cable to the BIOS. I discontent the entire battery, try to turn it on after plug it into the AC adapter – NOT WORKING! Try different AC adapter – not working.

The only thing that is seems to work is the hard-reset bottom with or without the AC adapter and with or without the battery, after that – the fan turns on, screen turn on, sometimes I can see the BIOS selection menu and right about this point the computer shut down.

Why universe? Why.

The day after tomorrow LENOVO tech support will come to take my computer to the lab.

Sidheart
Paper Tape
Views: 2,493
Message 2 of 5

Re: yoga 530 won't turn on

Hey, just the following basic trobleshooting steps and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Phil55555
What's DOS?
Views: 1,373
Message 3 of 5

Was this ever resolved? I am encountering the exact same issues. Even down to the BIOS beeping and then crashing.
Z0har
Paper Tape
Views: 1,371
Message 4 of 5

Was this ever resolved? I am encountering the exact same issues. Even down to the BIOS beeping and then crashing

Hello,

Well the problem was with the switch on power buttom, apperntaly it ws stuck, probably becuse it got some hit on my way in the airport or before. The lab fix it no problem at all, they replace the power buttom with new one.

michala_ford
What's DOS?
Views: 706
Message 5 of 5

me too! ive been trying all morning

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors