IS

2 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 1

yoga 700 14 Isk battery fail

2018-01-22, 22:46 PM

hi sorry about my English its bad.

I got a yoga 700 and for about a month my battery died, and the charging light was white and blink orange once every 5s.

I did not find on the internet any color codes on the charging led what it meant so I decided that it was the battery.

I tried the trick to take the battery out and hold the start button in one min and many other tricks from the Lenovo so cold support than finally a got life for about 2 hours and then the same light on the charging led the orange blink.

I took the battery out and got 7,2v on the red and black wire than I tried charging it manually with a charger for lithium batteries and that didn’t work I had to pull the tape off and get the plus and mines on the shells that are 2 and 2 wired together to charge it. I first drain it to 3,7v and up again to 7,4v that did not work. I thank that the computer puts a lock on the battery or the battery is locked after it finds an error. Don’t know don’t really care …

Than a bought a new one of eBay and put it in and it start it up got it charge for 1 hour and the same thang happened orange blink I took the battery out and hold the start butt down for 1 min did not work so a left it without the battery for the night and started it up the next day to drain the error out. Got it running again first thing I did was to flash the bios trying to get the battery error out of the bios. I got the update from the Lenovo support page after that I did charge it to 100% and put the power off and on again and again I think that is it.

as I am writing this on the yoga 700 that is 3 years old I think that am not gone a buy another Lenovo computer at the start it was the intel HD graphic error and a fixed that with a update and then this battery death after 3 years love the design but going dead because of a battery error after 3 years and no way to turn it on with out a battery is stupid….

hope this helps if you get the orange blink :smileywink:

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save