Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyd76
Paper Tape
Views: 15,986
Message 1 of 47

yoga 700 failed test in solution centre

Just bought a new Yoga 700 with windows 10 pre-installed, but it getting an error in Lenovo solution centre for the graphics card. The test is mathematical operations test, the display model in the shop also has this error and I've been told they all do this, is this correct?

snoop_rogg
Paper Tape
Views: 15,950
Message 2 of 47

Re: yoga 700 failed test in solution centre

Hello

I had this same issue on my brand new yoga 700, I resolved by doing installing a driver but it was tricky. this is my download page yours maybe different.  http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-700-14isk?TabName=Dow...

Once you are on your product page follow these instructions.

1. download the display driver. I had the VGA Driver.
  2. download an install your VGA driver. you can click the box that says install, but most likley it will fail. that is okay go to step 3
  3. type in device manager in the ask me anything in windows 10. click the device manager.
  4. double click display drivers and then right click your driver should say 520 if  the same as mine and chose update drivers
  5. Click browse my computer for driver software, then click "let me browser from a list of drivers on my computer"
  6. then chose the dirver 10.18.15.4248 (it is an older dirver but it is more stable at the moment.)
  7. highlight it click next and install it.
  8. restart your computer and run the scan again.. you should no longer recieve the error.

Keep checking back for a new driver or more stable one. these machines just came out so they need some tweeking.

also make sure you always do windows updates to keep your computer in check.

Also run lenovo companion, and that will scan and instll latest updates, i would not install the latest graphics driver because that is the one we rolled back. wait for a new one.

you may email me for further questions at snoop_rogg@hotmail.com I will see if I can help you.

Rodger

Rob2k68
Paper Tape
Views: 15,693
Message 3 of 47

I can confirm that updating the graphics driver resolves this.

I downloaded the driver directly from the Intel site for the HD515 card but needed to download the zip file in order to do a manual install as explained above rather than using the exec file.

I'm now running driver version 20.19.15.4300 which now passes the solution centre tests.

cedargroveyoga
What's DOS?
Views: 15,634
Message 4 of 47

This happened to me right out of the box as well, with two separate units. The  hardware scan showed for both that it failed the mathematical operations test.

Is this something I need to try to fix right away? 

ddtier
Paper Tape
Views: 15,505
Message 5 of 47

Hello, My 700 also gets "Dislay driver stopped responding" messages when it wakes up from sleep mode after the lid is down, intermittanty. The 10.18.15.4248 driver corrected the mathematical operations test but not the driver crashes on wake up. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks for all the input so far.

Rob2k68
Paper Tape
Views: 15,490
Message 6 of 47

No issue here at all on wake up or otherwise with the latest HD515 driver from the Intel site.

ddtier
Paper Tape
Views: 15,226
Message 7 of 47

Device manager reports my graphics card as a HD520. Are they running differant graphics cards on the same machine? I am still checking back with Lenovo for an updated driver. I guess i will eventually call their help line. Do you suppose any one from the company browses this forom? Thanks again.

Rob2k68
Paper Tape
Views: 15,211
Message 8 of 47

Strange !! Mines definately 515 in the self test report and device manager !

snoop_rogg
Paper Tape
Views: 15,175
Message 9 of 47

Hello,

Unfortunately this is an issue with Intel 5 6th generation chips. The display stopped responding is plaguing almost all 6th gen chips.

You can stop the the issue at startup by simply going into power options advance and change what happens in sleep. Make it so it either never hybernates or just hybernates and never sleeps.

I personally just went to make it hybernate whenever I close the lid etc.

but if you are browsing the web and a script stops responding on the page the display driver will fail so annoying.

I exchanged my Lenovo 3 times same issue even upgraded to think pad same issue. Same issues even with Microsoft pro book 4 or whatever they are called.
ddtier
Paper Tape
Views: 15,069
Message 10 of 47

No problems so far since I changed to hibernate, with a ssd it is just as fast as sleep anyway. I only experienced a browsing display driver crash when trying driver 15.40.10.4300 from the Flex 3 thread. I am also on my second 700, having returned the first one.  Thanks for the insight.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors