Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Semajxpl
What's DOS?
Views: 6,945
Message 1 of 16

yoga 700 wifi issues

Hey,

So I bought the new 700 yoga with the core i7 this past week. I had some issues with the wifi and have been scouring the internet and can not find a fix for the incredibly slow wifi. My internet is fios with 40 up and down and can get that speed on my lenovo thinkpad, y series laptop, and cell phone. But this the only laptop that has windows 10 installed and when i run either speedtest.net or the internet health test this laptop will not get anything close to that. I have installed all the windows update and disabled the peer to peer update and every information sharing option in the settings. 
The speeds i can get in the first minute of turning on the laptop is 8 down and 20ish up. After one or two minutes the down and upload speeds drop to 0.1mbps down and up and it will time out the internet constantly. Anyone else having issues like this? I called the tech support line and since I am getting some wifi connection the support service said it is not a hardware issue and is a software issue but for the support i would have to pay to on a laptop i had less than a week.

Any help would be great.

samkrox98
What's DOS?
Views: 6,712
Message 2 of 16

Re: yoga 700 wifi issues

Yep I also have these issues...
My disconnects happen with larger but more random intervals

Lenovo please some attention :/
Agena
What's DOS?
Views: 6,676
Message 3 of 16

Having similar issues. I get about 5Mbps download and 50Mbps upload (I have 50Mbps up and down). I have a Yoga (original) and a Yoga 2 Pro that gives me the 50Mbps up and down. I tested at another house and at my office. I get the same results where the Yoga 700 is about 10x slower on the download. I've spoken to 3 techs and we did everything from updating and downgrading modem firmware, trying different channels, clean installs with different drivers (old & new), tuning wifi settings, optimizing power options for wifi. I've done clean installs of Windows 10, removed antivirus, tried turning off firewall settings. Unfortunately still getting same slow internet speeds. The last tech did everything possible (hats off to him). He could not explain it either. Please help...

Smiley Sad

Spoiler

tatianaF
What's DOS?
Views: 6,533
Message 4 of 16

I have slightly different problem (my speed was at 200 times slower than speed on another laptop). I resolved this problem by the following steps:
1) I checked current Wi-Fi router channel (it was 10) and other channels (several of them have the same channel: 10)
2) I changed channel of my Wi-Fi router to free channel (it was 3).
3) Tested and found that the speed grew to normal value.

mattcoz
Punch Card
Views: 6,191
Message 5 of 16

I'm having weird issues with my wi-fi as well, very frustrating
tshcambs
What's DOS?
Views: 5,913
Message 6 of 16

I'm also having issues with Wi-Fi. It's worked well for the first week i've had it, but now it's dropping out frequently. 

It seems to pick up after I restart then it slips back into cutting out. 

Jackson450
Punch Card
Views: 5,905
Message 7 of 16

Oh, it wasn't just me?
I thought my router was defective.

When surfing, I don't really have problems but I gets problems when I access files on another computer on my network.

when I watch videos, I often skip boring scenes and move on forward but when I do that a few time, I get disconnected from the router despite the system saying I am still connected.

Eg:
Icon says I'm connected but I don't have internet access and can't access 192.168.0.1 to enter setup.

This happens A LOT.

mattcoz
Punch Card
Views: 5,645
Message 8 of 16

Yup, this sounds like my issues.

Lenovo, what's the deal???
tatianaF
What's DOS?
Views: 5,561
Message 9 of 16

I`ll add some notice.

My previous resolving helped but not for long time, only on week (near).

finish resolving - changing wifi module in service. 

jfgldblm
Paper Tape
Views: 5,424
Message 10 of 16

Why is this still an ongoing issue?  I have had my Yoga 700 14 for a few months now.  I keep waiting for Lenovo to produce a driver update/fix.  When I watch videos hosted on my lan, the wifi connection freezes and drops at random times.  This is very reproducible.  The issue is much more apparent when I seek in the video.  This is very annoying!  Oddly enough, the wifi icon in the taskbar thinks it's still connected (but I can't web browse, ping, etc).. but I have to manually disconnect and connect to the wifi again to get it to behave again.

Sadly, my "workaround" solution was to buy a USB 150mbps wifi adapter.  This has solved my problems!  But this bandaid solution should NOT be required for users to do.  For those of you who want this bandaid solution until Lenovo (if Lenovo ever fixes this?) fixes this driver problem, buy a usb wifi adapter.  Go into Device Manager->Network Adapters and select "Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter" and choose Action->Disable from the menu.  If you have your usb wifi adapter plugged in, at this point, windows should start using your usb wifi adapter now.

One more note, since one of the USB ports is mainly used for charging the laptop, forcing me to use a dedicated usb wifi adapter leaves just 1 usb port left to use for other things.

Not... acceptable.

I do have other issues with this laptop as well.. I'll note those in the appropriate threads.  This is my 1st Lenovo laptop.. it's sad because I love so many other aspects about the laptop.. but the annoyances are enough to look elsewhere on my next laptop purchase.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors