cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dimaou
Fanfold Paper
Views: 156
Message 1 of 6

yoga 720 13 - long bios time, freezing, network disappearing and more. searching for solution.

Hello, I’m using my yoga 720 13 for about a year and since I remember I have some problems with it.

my bios time is about 16.5-20 seconds (the time the bios does post before logo of Lenovo is showing up). Secondly occasionally my laptop freeze, it happens mostly at startup. Other times after windows boots - I don’t have any network connection and even the windows troubleshoot says its hardware or driver failure that it cannot repair, and I must reset the laptop to make it work. Few months ago I had also lot of bluescreen that wrote something about ndis driver (also connected to the network driver). I’m not sure if all these problems are connected to each other but maybe they are. I’ve tried almost anything that I could think of. Played with settings in the bios, turn off fast boot, reinstall drivers, dism, sfc, checked the anti-virus and even uninstall it for testing it and reinstall again, bios is the latest, nothing is connected as usb drives and such, formatted and reinstall genuine windows 10, deleted all unnecessary softwares, deleted Lenovo junk and reinstall it and again deleted it, install all the ssd drivers and checked for hard disk failure, reset bios and also cmos. Probably checked other stuff also. Although when the laptop working is working ok, I still want to find the reason for the problems I’ve mentioned. Hope someone could think for a solution. Thanks for everyone who will try to bring ideas.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 121
Message 2 of 6

Re: yoga 720 13 - long bios time, freezing, network disappearing and more. searching for solution.

Hey there, dimaou! 

Welcome to the Lenovo community group! 

Kindly open the Lenovo Vantage app https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 and run the hardware scan under the hardware settings, then check for the result. Also, use the Lenovo Vantage and check for a system update, then install them all. Let us know the outcome. 

Regards! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

dimaou
Fanfold Paper
Views: 118
Message 3 of 6

Re: yoga 720 13 - long bios time, freezing, network disappearing and more. searching for solution.

thanks chris for the reply. the result on full scan shows that everything is ok.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 113
Message 4 of 6

Did you also check for a system update using the Lenovo Vantage? If yes, how is the laptop now? Are you still having problems with it? 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

dimaou
Fanfold Paper
Views: 108
Message 5 of 6

i've did all the updates. nothing new. still problematic. ive did today format and install windows from scratch and then everything else. the slow bios time (the time it takes untli it shows the lenovo logo) is also high when there arent any operation system on it. from what i can recall, i believe that this issue hasnt been all the time, at least not when i bought it a year + ago. i had take the laptop to lenovo repair  after lenovo put an update of an old bios that made my laptop a brick. lenovo deleted this specific bios from their servers after it. lenovo replaced my bios chip, but maybe from that moment the laptop start to behave like ive described. so i believe it could be bios related. although i've updated the bios to the latest version.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 92
Message 6 of 6

I understand. Since you've already installed the updated BIOS but still having the same problem then it would best visiting the nearest Lenovo service center here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht118678?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 (filter by country) to check the hardware components and further diagnostics. 

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors