Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raypyne59
Fanfold Paper
Views: 23,642
Message 1 of 14

yoga 900... USB Type-C to HDMI Adapter

Before I go out and buy this adapter. I need to kow if I will be able to get both Audio and Vidio all in this one adapter by plugging it into my surround sound receivers HDMI input/output?

Mod Comment: Corrected subject line, for more accurate search capability.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 23,607
Message 2 of 14

Re: yoga 900... USB Type-C to HDME Adapter

Hello and welcome,

If you mean HDMI, I realized I hadn't ever checked if the sound works.  Just plugged it into my Samsung TV.  Got a movie playing now and sound works fine.

This is the adapter I'm using.  There are others but this one is working for me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X4S5C7G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

raypyne59
Fanfold Paper
Views: 23,595
Message 3 of 14

Re: yoga 900... USB Type-C to HDME Adapter

ok thx. looking for an answer about hdmi end into my surround sound receiver.
raypyne59
Fanfold Paper
Views: 23,546
Message 4 of 14

I purchased an Isignia USB Type-C to HDMI Adapter. I make all correct conection to my source devices

I am NOT getting Audio with Video with this Adaptor. Instruction for adaptor has a NOTE: This adater will Support Audio only if your source device allows audio output through the USB Type-C interface

Computer must support DisplayPort Altrnate Mode output.

I am a bit baffled. Sales clerk sold this adapter as the correct adapter for both Audio and Vidio for my Lanovo 900.

Do I have to go into my Graphics Card settings or Control panel and make correct adjustment. OR How do I find out if MY Computer support DisplayPort Altrnate Mode output.

help please

thank you

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 23,513
Message 5 of 14

Re: I purchased an Isignia USB Type-C to HDMI Adapter. I make all correct conection to my source dev

Hi raypyne59,

This is the adapter that I use for my Yoga 900:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W98IC88?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

It's a plug and go, and no other adustment is neccessary.

Make sure that you employ a "High Speed HDMI 1.3 category 2" cable.

"Many HDMI cables under 5 meters of length that were made before the HDMI 1.3 specification can work as Category 2 cables, but only Category 2-tested cables are guaranteed to work for Category 2 purposes."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Cheers

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT

Yoga 900 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz (Skylake-Y)

X1 Carbon 2nd Gen (20A8) ThinkPad/YOGA Tablet 2 Pro-1380F/IdeaCentre A520 All-In-One i5-3230M/Lenovo Y470 i7-2630QM/T420

raypyne59
Fanfold Paper
Views: 23,503
Message 6 of 14

Re: I purchased an Isignia USB Type-C to HDMI Adapter. I make all correct conection to my source dev

Thank you DragonRider,  I purchased this Item Plus a new HDMI cable. I hope it works. I will let you know. Good Day!!!

JakCrow
Punch Card
Views: 23,465
Message 7 of 14

Re: yoga 900... USB Type-C to HDMI Adapter

I have the same adapter and while I get video, I'm not getting audio, even though the sound control panel is showing audio activity to the external receiver. The HDMI cable is the correct type as well, and it works with two other laptops' HDMI ports for both video and audio. Strange.

raypyne59
Fanfold Paper
Views: 23,455
Message 8 of 14

It is strange. Im going to try  a new adapter and HDMI cable recomended by the mediator.

If all goes well, I will post here.

raypyne59
Fanfold Paper
Views: 23,390
Message 9 of 14

Thank you DragonRider your recommended gear works just fine. Im returning the other this morning.

Aoden
Paper Tape
Views: 22,997
Message 10 of 14

Fuj:tech USB-C to HDMI Multiport adapter is working for me. Also updated drivers. Already posted my answer on another thread so check the full instructions from here (my post on page 2):

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-no-HDMI-out-How-to-connect-to-TV-...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors