Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samer2
Paper Tape
Views: 19,823
Message 1 of 43

yoga 900 WIFI issues

MY yoga 900 arrived yesterday and I haven't been able to connect to WFI for more then few minutes before experiencing heavy drop outs. Not only that, but it is  interfering with all other devices connected to the same wifi and I loose signal on all devices(MY phone and my wife laptop).

The only way to get back the connection on those devices is to power down  the yoga completely. It is the first time I experience this kind of interference. I suspected the problem was a compatibility issue between my router and the yoga. So I took the yoga to the office today and the same things happened!?!! All devices in the office lost the WIFI  unless I turn off the machine....

Any help? Thanks!

samer2
Paper Tape
Views: 19,655
Message 2 of 43

Re: yoga 900 WIFI issues

K, I found that if i go to intel WIFI adapter settings and I choose 802.11 b things works well except I get slow connection. However I just noticed a new problem: the touchpad is freezing for few secs from time to time and I can't move the pointer.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 19,533
Message 3 of 43

Good day and welcome to the community.

The first thing I'd recommend is that you visit the driver listing: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-900-13isk

and compare the newer releases of both the WiFi and TouchPad drivers with the versions installed on your PC.

If you're at earlier versions, the updates may improve things.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Guru
Views: 19,513
Message 4 of 43

Like Sarbin said try to update the Yoga to the latest. Use the Lenovo Companion app as well that does some scans on software updates too. To be honest, I agree that your issue sounds a bit more like a router thing as you suspected initially.

If your ultrabook can bring down any WiFi networks it would sounds like a master hacker device. I doubt it would bring down the router in Starbucks and disconnect all other devices. Well definitely update the WiFi drivers. Let's see.

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

cmowder
What's DOS?
Views: 19,329
Message 5 of 43

I'm having a similar problem. I received my Yoga 900 on 11/27. Since then, I've noticed the following issues:

1. I can't connect to Wi-Fi unless I'm very close to the router, such as in the same room.
  2. I can no longer get a Wi-Fi connection further away. My Android smart phone has no problem making the connection.
  3. Other devices, including another laptop and an iPad, are also having difficulty connecting to Wi-Fi. Previously, this was not the case.

The error I get on the Lenovo is "DNS Probe Finished No Internet."

My router is an ASUS RT-N56U. All the drivers are up to date. Also, I have the latest driver release for Wi-Fi installed on my laptop, following the instructions previously in this thread.

I'm new to both Lenovo and Windows 10, but I've used the same modem and router for a year now, so I have to believe it's either the laptop or the OS. Any ideas or suggestions?

If we can't fix this, I will unfortunately have to return my laptop. With the plethora of laptop choices available, there's simply no reason to keep one that brings down my whole home Wi-Fi network.

Chris

samer2
Paper Tape
Views: 19,316
Message 6 of 43

I was able to fix the touchpad problem by reverting to an old driver (as suggested in another thread). However the WIFI issue is not fixed and I am still working on it.

Guru
Views: 19,244
Message 7 of 43

Try to use public DNS:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Encounter-a-DNS-Server-error-on-the-go-wit...

I also noticed that the WiFi reception on Y900 was a bit below my expectations and the one of my phone or other ultrabook, but still decent.

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

cmowder
What's DOS?
Views: 19,177
Message 8 of 43

Pat, thanks. I will try this.

Part of the problem is that the Lenovo Y900 has more trouble connecting to Wifi. But a bigger issue is that it seems to be sucking WiFi from all the other devices on the network. Where I used to be able to have 2 phones, an iPad and another laptop on WiFi no problem in any part of the house, the WiFi is now routinely dropping out or refusing to connect on all devices. When I power down the Lenovo, connectivity pops right back up to where it was before.

As an aside, I've also got a docking station for the Lenovo. So it's not even running on WiFi, it's got internet through an Ethernet cable into the dock and into the Lenovo via a USB 3.0 cable. But it still is crashing my WiFi anytime it's powered on. I've also been talking to the folks at ASUS who make my router, and they're being helpful but thus far haven't found a fix.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 19,149
Message 9 of 43

If you're connecting to the internet via a wired connection on the dock, then I wonder if you've accidently turned on the Mobile Hotspot feature in the Yoga 900? That might explain why your other WiFi devices are acting strangely when the Yoga 900 is powered on.

Start up the Lenovo Settings app, and check the Networks & Wireless settings page...

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

vicusi21
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,648
Message 10 of 43

9:33 PM Pacific, 2016.01.06

I tried eveything here, nothing worked.

Then I went to "Open Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings"

Clicked on WiFi (made sure it was highlighted), and clicked on "disable this network device" on the options above, then waited for it to disable (took a while), then highlighted it again and enabled it (same process). 

So far I have not had any trouble. 

I went to device manager and noticed that there are a lot more drivers installed now in network adapters. 

Let's see if this fixes the problem, if I do not respost anything is because it did. 
Best

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors