Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmowder
What's DOS?
Views: 6,534
Message 11 of 43

Re: yoga 900 WIFI issues

I ended up returning my Lenovo Yoga 900. With the plethora of excellent devices available, it just didn't make sense to keep one that bogs down my whole home WiFi network. I was never able to get this issue fixed, even after two technical support calls with Lenovo, so I wish all of you better luck.

vicusi21
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,526
Message 12 of 43

Did not work, taking it to Best Buy, maybe they can figure out what is wrong with it.

If I do not report, I took it back to seller.

vicusi21
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,507
Message 13 of 43

2016.01.08      9:32 Am

Apparently I had a pirated version of Microsoft Office in the computer. 

Had to reset everything in the computer and even reset the TPM. 

Now the computer seems to be running fine, windows 10 is designed to block out pirate versions.

If I do not report back, this solved the problem

vicusi21
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,477
Message 14 of 43

This did not fix the problem, now I will really take it back to Best Buy maybe they know what is wrong, If I dont report back I gave it back to Best Buy.

vicusi21
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,453
Message 15 of 43

SOLVED!!!!!

FINALLy!!!!

For all that i tried see earlier comments i made.

I took it back to Best Buy, they suggested i get a new computer, they gave me an exact new, same model. Came back home, the problem persisted. I called windows, they did not know what was wrong with it. Finally, I called the ROUTER manufacturer. I checked another wifi and it did not drop out from that one. And although I had checked the Best Buy wif-fi, we did not restart my yoga900.

My router is made by TP Link, model TL-WR841N.

The lady that helped spoke really fast and made sense once I could process what she said.
She walked me through and changed my rotuer's channel and band; from Auto, to an actual specific channel and number.

SOLVED!!!!!

If you have this issue, call your ROUTER manufacturer, dont go to Best Buy, dont call Windows, dont call Lenovo, they wont know what to do. Call your ROUTER manufacturer (not modem but router) and ask them to set the band and channel to an actual frequency rather than on "Auto" mode. When is in auto it makes your wifi unstable.

Finally!!! Phewwww! Hope this helps.

Best!

vicusi21
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,451
Message 16 of 43

Download trackpad driver, and call your router manufacturer, see my latest comment. Good luck!
mkwalter
Paper Tape
Views: 6,368
Message 17 of 43

Hello all,

I received my Yoga 900 yesterday and I started to have wifi drop troubles *almost* immediately. I went to this forum and tried the driver update route and power management setting changes to no avail. However, I was eventually able to solve my trouble...

I had seperately purchased a Microsoft Travel Bluetooth mouse for use with my new machine. Installing/pairing this mouse was one of the first things I did on the machine. I began to notice that while I was attempting internet downloads, my wifi drop rate was less when I didn't use/move the mouse. So I turned bluetooth off and magically no more wifi drops.

I believe that there is some conflict between the bluetooth and wifi on the Yoga 900. I'll have to revert to a USB doggle mouse, but for my PC use, wifi > bluetooth. I hope this helps Lenovo trubleshoot and resolve this issue.  

This might not be the source of everyone's problem, but it made a huge difference for me.

Michael

cmowder
What's DOS?
Views: 6,360
Message 18 of 43

Mike, I remember turning Bluetooth on and off several times but it didn't work for me. Interesting to hear it solved your problem though.
mkwalter
Paper Tape
Views: 6,344
Message 19 of 43

Thanks for your note cmowder. It prompted me to try a few more tests.

It turns out that along with disabling Bluetooth, the wifi somehow switched connections to the 5GHz band of my Netgear N600 dual band router (instead of the 2.4GHz connection). I didn't notice that last night when I turned the Bluetooth off. 

Never had any problem with the 2.4GHz connections on any other laptops/mobile devices until the Yoga 900.  

I have enabled Bluetooth and I can use my new mouse and still get a reliable wifi connection (just had to force it to the 5GHz band). 

Apologies regarding my initial bluetooth vs. wifi conclusion. I got faked out Smiley Happy

mnop
Paper Tape
Views: 6,334
Message 20 of 43

I also have wifi issues.  Sometimes wifi will work, but eventually it will stop working.  When it stops working it often does not list any access points except those I'm very close to (like 10 feet away from) as if it's lost the ability to pick up signals.  Unfortunately if I try to connect to any of them it will fail until I restart.  The wifi seems to be really sporadic in that sometimes it lists all the expected access points and sometimes none.  Sometimes the wifi icon gets a "No Internet" warning on it, sometimes a red "x" and sometimes it just connects and says "wireless networks available" with the star next to the icon.  However, when I click on the icon it lists no access points and says it is "connecting" or fails to connect and becomes unresponsive.

I've uninstalled drivers and reinstalled.  I've also changed power settings.  I've also reset the device and changed my router settings to use specific channels and bands, but the wifi issues persist.

Also wifi seems to be much more stable if I use my phone's hotspot I don't think I've had it drop out once on the hotspot.  I think the issue is between the Yoga 900 and my router.  However, none of my other devices on my network have any issues like the Yoga 900.  

I feel like maybe the Yoga 900's wifi is just really  bad and unstable so it causes disconnects and wifi issues, but hoping there is some way to fix this.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors