Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chiguy78
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,711
Message 11 of 206

Re: yoga 910 battery not charging

I'm having a similar problem with my batter.  The charger is plugged in, but doesn't show as charging.  The indicator light is blinking white, but the battery indicator in the system tray shows as discharging.

For reference, I bought my Yoga 910 in November, and battery shows 2016.09 after the product number

byoram
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,696
Message 12 of 206

Same issue as of this morning, as if the other problems (fan+freeze) were not enough... <95% (plugged in, not charging)>

Anyone solved this mystery?

byoram
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,694
Message 13 of 206

Solved! - please follow this video and it did the trick for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFGfAKj0xFM

chiguy78
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,678
Message 14 of 206

Unfortunately, that didn't work for me.  Any other ideas?

NoyCarmel
Paper Tape
Views: 5,593
Message 15 of 206

same problem, will follow

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 5,583
Message 16 of 206

Add me to the list. Just started. Must be another Windows Update thing. You'd think Microsoft would test these updates a little better. The "updates" seem to break more things than they fix, requiring further updates. 

Haven't tried a fix, yet, in that it seems to be charging when off and not losing ground when plugged in. I'll have to try the other charger, too, in that's how it behaved from the day I bought it.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
chiguy78
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,578
Message 17 of 206

I actually sent mine in for repairs about a week ago.  They supposedly have diagnosed the problem and are waiting for the part to be in stock..

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 5,569
Message 18 of 206

Keep us posted. I'm going to sit on this for a while since it just started and seems to be common to a lot of Windows 10 laptops.

I have tried removing/reinstalling the two battery entries in Device Manager and have tried restoring Power Management defaults. Nothing worked. Both power adapters I have show "plugged in, not charging." 

Tried cleaning the registry. No errors were found. 

Tried a system restore.. which failed. 

I have not tried - and probably won't try - removing the battery. Not breaking the case open on a machine this new. 

Also - and unrelated - I still can't get a grip on all the DCOM errors. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 5,558
Message 19 of 206

Took the 910 off of the power supply and ran up the screen brightness to drain a little battery. Got it down to 87%, then plugged it back in. No "plugged in, not charging" message. It charged the laptop while we were using it to stream videos. At the end of two hours, it was at 100% while still running (might have been 100% earlier, I just didn't check it while watching). Odd, but it seems to be working okay. 

UPDATE. Ran it down to 85%, shut it down and plugged it in, overnight. Laptop is at 100%, this morning. 

Ibby
What's DOS?
Views: 5,479
Message 20 of 206

I've had my 910 for a month or so and noticed this problem immediately. It usually works again if I unplug and plug it back in, but it's quite a serious inconvenience if you don't notice it's not charging until your battery's drained. I admit I also mixed up the charging port for the usb-c port a couple of times - probably the second-worst design flaw on this thing after the terrible shift key location. I'm starting to think Lenovo designers have never actually used a laptop before.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors