Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miini
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,960
Message 31 of 198

Re: yoga 910 battery not charging

Update on my previous post. I called Lenovo Spain to get a cofirmation on what had been done to my laptop. It turn out they had only sent a new charger, charged the port and ran BIOs. when I asked why they had not changed the battery, when I had explicitly described the error and told it was not due to charger. The customer support agent said I should understand it was a human error the battery had not been changed. They asked me to send the laptop back to them to be fixed. I called also Lenovo Fi. They were quite a lot more proactive offering few more fixes to try at home but said it sounded very much of a battery issue, and that they were surprised battery had not been changed. As I was coming to Finland anyway thought I'd send the laptop to Lenovo finland, but they were inflexible with the pick-up/return address - the laptop had to be sent to the same address as it had been picked from. As it could not even be picked up from their office, i talked with the electronics store the laptop was purched from and they said they would be also able to fix under the warranty. Their service would take max 2 weeks and had a flexible delivery address or pick up. At least it seems to be going well now. the electronics store sent a message on day 2 to confirm it was a battery issue and they keep sending me updates on the  process. I asked Lenovo where to make a complaint about Spanish service and only e-mail they give me is for their service company in Spain (Visonic). As neither lenovo or their partner are interested to improve their repair service, can't be bothered to waste time in giving the feedback. All in all, the worst consumer good experience of my life (and for a product that cost 1300EUR). what a shame. 

Highlighted
JJE-65
Paper Tape
Views: 2,901
Message 32 of 198

I had the same issue with my 4 month old Yoga 910.  Although plugged in the battery indicator would oscillate between showing and not showing the plug about a beat a second.  The battery would drain to <2% and the unit would auto-shutdown.  Once the battery completely drained, if I left it plugged in, it occassionally would recharge to 100% only to repeat the scenario.  I have two power adapters and neither changed the outcome.  I sent the unit in for warranty repair in late May, got it back mid June and by June 30th the problem returned.  On top of that the cycling has reduced the battery's life; at 100%, it shows a liitle over 3 hours remaining.  The unit is now back at the warranty service center. I'll let you know the outcome.       

KristyT
Paper Tape
Views: 2,777
Message 33 of 198

Having same exact issues but it's very discouraging on top of being almost ridiculous that so many of us are having same issues and there's no recall or fix let alone an explanation for us when we all have the same thing happening. There should be no longer wait times or out of stock excuses for those of us who need these fixed. We paid a lot of money for these and they aren't still waiting to get the money nor did we make them wait. I really feel they need to recall these and either issue new replacements to us or not tangle our laptops up in repairs more than a week at most. This shouldn't happen to new laptops and a company shouldn't jerk us all around like this when it's by no fault of our own. I have double warranties one being manufacturer and accidental type from bestbuy ...Good thing Samsung didn't leave us all to blow up with out replacing our phones at this pace. Lenovo could take a lesson from them.

Cameroonski
Paper Tape
Views: 2,770
Message 34 of 198

Hear hear  . . personally I have given up. I have several other issues with mine as well, but I will buy another one from a different manufacturer and never touch a Lenovo product ever again.  And none ever again for my company either. 

Miini
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,767
Message 35 of 198

I was being too optimistic about the repair in my previous update. The repair company of the retailer I purchased the laptop, later notified me that Lenovo was not able to provide the spare part and that the laptop could not be fixed but would need to be replaced by a new unit. Luckily the retailer also offers to change to any new unit by any brand they have. My new one will not be from Lenovo. Overall, this process has taken 3 months. Smiley Sad

GjoreJ
What's DOS?
Views: 2,739
Message 36 of 198

I've had a lot of problems with the charger wearing out. The yellow plastic on the inside of the tip wears out over 3-4 months and once this happens the pins get distoyed.. Is anyone else having the same issue?

DrDrea
Paper Tape
Views: 341
Message 37 of 198

I have a Lenovo 910 Yoga and I've been tortured with this problem 2 weeks after purchase in early June. Tonight I decided to peruse YouTube one more time and I found a solution that is specific to this model using Windows 10:

1- Unplug charger prior to above steps Are you getting this error message "Battery Plugged in Not Charging" in Windows 10? Try these two simple steps and let's know if it works for you. 1- Right click on Windows Start Button I Device Manager I Batteries I "Microsoft ACPI - Compliant Control Method Battery" right click and uninstall it. Now right click on Battery and select "Scan for hardware changes"

2- Right click on Taskbar I Task Manager I Windows Explorer - right click and End Task I File I New Task I explorer.exe I ok Reinsert your charger and it should be fine now! Hope it works! If it doesn't work, please let's know! Your feedbacks will help us to serve you better!

3- Right click on Windows Start Button I Device Manager I Batteries I "Microsoft ACPI - Compliant Control Method Battery" right click and uninstall it. Now right click on Battery and select "Scan for hardware changes"

4- Right click on Taskbar I Task Manager I Windows Explorer - right click and End Task I File I New Task I explorer.exe I ok Reinsert your charger and it should be fine now! Hope it works! If it doesn't work, please let's know! Your feedbacks will help us to serve you better!

5- Right click on Taskbar I Task Manager I Windows Explorer - right click and End Task I File I New Task I explorer.exe I ok

6- Reinsert your charger and it should be fine now! Hope it works! If it doesn't work, please let's know! Your feedbacks will help us to serve you better!

OR watch it at https://youtu.be/CNBFl4Bn7CU

Rock on,

Drea

DrDrea
Paper Tape
Views: 341
Message 38 of 198

Did you ever get this fixed? I bought mine early June and I've been having this problem 2 weeks after purchase. I found a tutorial on YouTube just now and mine is finally charging beyond 60%: 

https://youtu.be/CNBFl4Bn7CU

EricDush
Paper Tape
Views: 2,652
Message 39 of 198

Well this is disheartening to read.  I have the same issues as many others on here have been experiencing.  My laptop slowly drains and won't remain in charging mode with the AC adapter plugged in.  I bought two different AC adapters recommended on this forum and it still won't charge reliably.  It will sometimes charge for a while and then suddenly the light goes out and it won't charge again even unplugging, turning off the laptop, etc.  Sometimes changing to a different USB Type-C charge will trigger it to start charging again and then I can plug in the OEM charger which then works again for a while.  The issue seems like some sort of USB Type-C charger detection problem.  Anyway, good to know I paid a ton of money for this laptop and it's only six months old and now is basically worthless as I can't keep it charged.  I'll be calling Lenovo today but I already can see how this is going to go based on others experiences in this thread and my own experience with Lenovo support in the past taking weeks to return my laptop each time.  Definitely my last Lenovo product and I'm gonna push my company to switch away from them as well.

EricDush
Paper Tape
Views: 2,227
Message 40 of 198

I just wanted to provide an update to let anyone who might have this issue know.  I was FINALLY able to get Lenovo to fix my Yoga 910 under warrenty.  The issue continued to get worse to the point I could no longer get my laptop to charge at all.  I even tried using the Lenovo Recovery USB stick installer to wipe my system, hoping that perhaps it was some issue related to software.  It wasn't.  I ended up calling Lenovo and after a week of 5 different calls of 30 to 45 minutes each, I was able to get them to send me a box (btw, do NOT choose the Best Buy GeekSquad solution when they offer it, the Best Buy guys have no idea how to handle Lenovo warrenty claims).  After shipping it back, they replaced the motherboard and battery and returned it to me about 2 weeks later.  I've had it for a few days now and so far the battery is charging perfectly again!  So, I finally have a resolution.  I'm going to chalk it up to the fact that I bought the Yoga 910 on it's release day and perhaps there was some hidden hardware bug?  They never said what the actual issue was but at least it's fixed and working again after MONTHS of frustration with this laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors