Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJE-65
Paper Tape
Views: 1,958
Message 41 of 196

Re: yoga 910 battery not charging

As I reported back in July, mine made a return visit to warranty repair for the same issue; Lenovo fixed and returned it in early August. I held off updating since it took 4 months from purchase for the problem to manifest itself and after my first experience with warranty repair, I did not have a great deal of confidence and therefore wanted it to run a while. It has, however, been working flawlessly since its repair almost 4 months ago. According to their accompanying brief report, the repair facility definitely changed the battery and, while cryptic, apparently changed the motherboard. I hope the rest of you achieve the same outcome.

James_Whitcomb
Punch Card
Views: 1,547
Message 42 of 196

I am experiencing problems with the battery charging, and the machine discharing while plugged into the AC. I have confirmend nothing wrong with two different factory chargers. I have a video of what is happeing. The machine will function normaly (charging the battery) and then stop charging and discharging when plugged in. It will randomly start charging and then the cycle repeats.

Here is a link to video

https://youtu.be/LKA4XIX7CX0

SimonDA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,097
Message 43 of 196

I watched this video and this is exactly what my Yoga 910 is doing. Any luck with a solution? I have tried reinstalling Microsoft Battery Drivers, with no success.

James_Whitcomb
Punch Card
Views: 1,092
Message 44 of 196

Mine is at Lenovo right now for repairs. This is the fourth time I have send in for repairs, the third time for this issue. They have had it since Dec 14th but I haven't had an update on the status. I tried elevating to a supervisor level but the repair people wouldn't comply. If I don't hear from them by Jan 14th I am filing a complaint.

SimonDA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,082
Message 45 of 196

Thanks for the updpate. I can't blame you a bit. These are expensive laptops. I have always used Dell laptops and have never experienced anything like this. Dell's repair turn around time is days not weeks. I have been thinking about buying an inexpensive Dell to use and sending my Lenovo in, because I rely on this laptop for my living and can't be without a relaible laptop.

I have been getting by as I recently noticed something. If I plug in the 5V 2.1A charger from my son's cell phone, the laptop will charge and what we expereince in your video will not happen. It charges supper slowly however, but eventually it will go to 100%. I have another non Lenovo charger made by Cable Matters. It has 5V USB A ports and one 20V USB C port. The 5V port will charge the Yoga, but very very slowly. The 20V  type c port does the same thing as my standard Lenovo charger. I really think this is a software or driver issue, but I have updated and tried everything to no avail. Perhaps this is related to the newest version of Windows being incompatible with some of the Lenovo Power management software, but that's just my guess.

Please keep me posted on progress and I will do the same.

Thanks so much and good luck.

James_Whitcomb
Punch Card
Views: 1,060
Message 46 of 196

Thanks, it maybe software related but they probably made thousands of these computers so it maybe a combination of software and components. most computers I have used will run on AC wall current when the battery fails, this one needs the battery charged to run with or without the AC current supplied. I am not sure what would happen if i disconnected the battery and tried to run the computer off the AC charger.
SimonDA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,056
Message 47 of 196

Yep. Agree with that. I noticed this machine won't run with the battery fully discharged and plugged in. You have to wait until the battery gets enough juice, which is of great concern given that lack of charging is the issue that you started with. Plus you have to open the machine to unplug the battery, which I also don;t like. I am lucky that my Anker charger works (although very slowly). It's good enough to get by for the time being. I plan to limp along until we see what Lenovo says they did to fix your laptop. I did see this link on their website: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/troubleshoot/LPT000301?linkTrack=diagPDT:Battery%20not%20charge%2... I am going to try this although I will uninstall / reinstall Lenovo Vantage as I think it replaces the programs mentioned. I don't have high hopes. I already have tried uninstalling and restalling the ACPI driver. That did not correct things for me.
yan168
What's DOS?
Views: 1,027
Message 48 of 196

Solved: Using Lenovo Vantage program.

open Lenovo Vantage

Click on Hardware Setting

on Conservation Mode  turn the Conservation mode off.

then your battery will be charged again, otherwise Conservation mode will only be charged to 55 - 60% then stop charging.

James_Whitcomb
Punch Card
Views: 951
Message 49 of 196

I send my computer out on December 8th, I am due to get it back on January 16th. I have no idea what they did to the computer, but good money says it won't be fixed properly, this is the fourth repair.  I tried on two separate occasions to talk to a supervisor and one was supposed to call me but never did.  I am pessimistic but my guess is the computer will crap out after the warranty expires. If it does I am going to file a BBB complaint and just buy a DELL. 

Highlighted
SimonDA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 937
Message 50 of 196

Yan168,

I appreciate the input, but I think most folks are aware of this setting in Lenovo Vantage. The common problem that we are seeing is that it does not charge at all regardless of current battery charge level and regardless of whether or not conservation mode is on or off. I have two original Lenovo chargers and both are good. Niether charges the laptop. I charge my laptop with an off brand phone charger and that works, but is extremely slow. There is a great video of the symptoms posted in this chain.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors