Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonDA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,074
Message 81 of 196

Re: yoga 910 battery not charging

UHG. I guess I spoke too soon on Vantage being the fix. Changed nothing and my OEM charger seems to be back to it's old not working self. Had to go back to my very consistent Anker this morning. Lenovo's charger is terrible. Sorry for jumping the gun.

Pokey83
What's DOS?
Views: 1,020
Message 82 of 196

Hello everyone. I am experiencing this issue myself since December of 2017. I just got my machine back from Lenovo yesterday, and after a few updates from a reformatted hard drive and updates such as Lenovo Vantage, my laptop started experiencing the discharge again. My description apparently did not correspond to what they fixed as it seems. They claimed the symptom to be a Video_Problem and its operation was replacing a part that needs a new dc card. I'm going to send in my laptop again for repair, since it's still under warranty. This is the information I have provided thus far...

bryanak
Punch Card
Views: 1,035
Message 83 of 196

I am the same with you,my yoga 910 doesn't recharge anymore, although I just used it in such a little time.  out of warranty time。  so the under list is my repair journey。

1   first,I send my battery to my friend, they checked it ,it's ok,just  30 circulation time

2  after Google,I buy another new power supplier with are the 65w, still never  recharge.

3 then I take it to my electrical engineer friend, he checked and told me the mainboard have the problem, the Ec module one of out voltage can't keep with 3Vdc, always change, so Ec can't give out the introduction to recharge, so this is the reason why it can't recharge. then he changed some electrical component, now it works in right condition

by the google search , I find some yoga 910 have the same fault with me. the same thing is all of this happened at out of warranty time. that's so bad, 

Pokey83
What's DOS?
Views: 1,016
Message 84 of 196

I got mine back about a month ago and it works like a charm after testing it for a good two weeks. They claim that it has something to do with the charging part that had to be replaced.

gimme2more
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 814
Message 85 of 196

SimonDA I have to thank you for posting the model of charger that has been working for you (is it still?)

I'm at a loss of what to do -- My Yoga 910 was "plugged in, not charging" and about 3 months off warranty. I called to see what Lenovo would do, but they wouldn't touch it so I paid to get it fixed by a local shop. I did not yet realize that there was a growing group of others also going through this.

The shop said it needed a new I/O port and to get a new charger because the OEM one was surging and that may have caused the issue. We had a heck of time finding the part, but the fix worked... for about a month. Last week it was once again plugged in & not charging. I fought with Lenovo for an hour, at first they would do nothing because... <shrug> off warranty...
After going up the chain with the Philippines call-center they remotely accessed my computer and still had no idea what's causing it. At first they said it was the port, but I let them know I already replaced that. Then they asked about the charger...nope, replaced that too. Tried to calibrate the battery but that requires a consistent plugged in & charging connection. Tried to update the bios, but could not for the same reason. All the while making it seem like I did something to cause this thing that is clearly happening over & over to these models.

They agreed to send me a new battery and a new charger, but I have little hope that will work so I ordered the Anker charger that you said was the only thing that worked consistently, albeit slowly. As I type this, I am plugged in and charging....slowly, but omg at least it works. I am sick over this. This is basically a new computer, and yeh it's technically off warranty but how we can all get together and make them admit there is something wrong? These things need to be recalled.

I have 2 Lenovo laptops and a Lenovo phone. My company issues Lenovo laptops. I am not going to be quiet about any of this.
chaosmonger
Paper Tape
Views: 641
Message 86 of 196

Looks like I'm joining the club...  I bought my Lenovo Yoga 910 in September 2017. Very happy with my laptop, everything was working nicely, battery lasting many hours, etc... I was very happy with the machine, not a single problem. Then yesterday started the problems out of nothing. Basically my battery level is stuck around 30%. It works only when plugged to the AC, but won't charge the battery (it displays "connected, charging" but the percentage stays stuck to 30% even after many hours of not using the PC). If I unplug the AC and use it with battery only, it works for few minutes, then shuts down randomly. I hope is some software related issue and I hope I can solve it by myself rather than sending it to Lenovo. Do you have any ideas? Seems like my problem is similar to others in this thread, but not exactly the same. I tried to re-install the power drivers, changing some setting in the power settings, did the "uninstall" battery from the devices, but nothing changed... Somehow might be that the battery is at 0% but Windows recognize it at 30%? And isn't it strange that is written "charging", but then actually not charging (p.s. white LED on the side is white)? Might be that the battery is faulty already after less than a year?!?! I don't thing the charger is faulty since it's working fine when plugged... I don't know. PLEASE HELP!

chaosmonger
Paper Tape
Views: 624
Message 87 of 196

UPDATE:

Now the battery is down to 0% (apparently for no reasons compared to few hours ago).

It's not charging even if bottom-right is written "connected-charging" (estimated charging in 1070 hours... LOL!)

Any solution?
Again, I bought the laptop in september, very weird the battery is already faulted.... :/

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 618
Message 88 of 196

@chaosmonger wrote:

UPDATE:

Now the battery is down to 0% (apparently for no reasons compared to few hours ago).

It's not charging even if bottom-right is written "connected-charging" (estimated charging in 1070 hours... LOL!)

Any solution?
Again, I bought the laptop in september, very weird the battery is already faulted.... :/

That message coupled with the fact it happened "just yesterday," makes me wonder if it could be the charger or the port. First, the dumb question: You ARE using the rear USB-C port, correct? That's the only one on the 910 that'll charge. And you are using the charger that came with the computer, right?

Second.. do you have another charger you can try? It's always a good idea to have multiple AC/adapters, so get one if you don't.

I only bring this up  because I have four chargers. Two came with the computers (910 and 920). Of the other two, one of them connects to the 910, but charges at a lower voltage. It'll hold the computer at whatever charge level the battery has, but won't gain anything unless the computer's off.. and, even then, it's a slow gain. That same charger works perfectly well with the 920. (The fourth charger I have is an HP and works with both laptops)

If a secondary charger still fails, then there could be something amiss with the 910's rear connector (which isn't a full USB-C, anyway) or where it connects to the motherboard. It still could be a battery issue, but I thought I'd have you rule out some easy things, first.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
chaosmonger
Paper Tape
Views: 598
Message 89 of 196

Update: today, out of nowhere, is not switching on neither with the power attached. No signs. No led. Nothing. Totally dead. So I guess is a charger problem?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 593
Message 90 of 196

Doesn't rule out anything from my previous post.  If you want a quick check, run it down to Best Buy and beg the guy to let you try one of the chargers on a display model. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors