Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjohnny27
Blue Screen Again
Views: 11,798
Message 1 of 116

yoga 910 battery not charging

I recently noticed that my battery was showing 10 percent when it had been plugged in all day. I plugged it in and it didnt seem like it was charging. I could see the laptop plugged in animation, but it was not charging. I woke up the next morning it was showing 96 percent, which at this point should be 100 percent.  I'm now noticing that it's just not charging. 

Are there known issues? Regardless, this is totally unacceptable. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 11,550
Message 2 of 116

Re: yoga 910 battery not charging

Just a thought, but are you sure you have the charger plugged into the correct USB-C port? There are two on the lefthand side, and only one is the charging port. I've absent-mindedly plugged in the charger into the wrong port before now, and then wondered why the 910 didn't seem to be charging...

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

cjohnny27
Blue Screen Again
Views: 11,534
Message 3 of 116

Yes. You actually receive an error if you plug into the wrong port. Its one of those situations where it can't be many things. I know that it seems to be intermittent, because it does charge some times. Unfortunatley, this is a pretty serious issue if you have to depend on the battery for your primary power source. I was able to take it back and decided to try a different laptop. I'm also not a fan of the keyboard design, although I tried really hard to adapt.  The loud fan doesnt bother me as much as others, but I did have a concern whether or not it was a sign of a future issue.  

Frice
Paper Tape
Views: 11,507
Message 4 of 116

I am having the same problem. 

laxman11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,384
Message 5 of 116

Hi,

I am also facing similar problem. When I am connecting Yoga 910 to the power the battery does not charge.

any solution?

laxman11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,435
Message 6 of 116

Lenovo Yoga 910 charging issue

Hi,

I purchased new Lenovo Yoga 910. From day one I am facing charging problem.

1) When connected to charging USB-C port it does not charge and there is no light

2) After some days it began charging and I feel some shock on the laptop

3) Now when I connect the charger, the charging light is on but it is not charging instead battery percentage drops. However when I shutdown the laptop the battery percentage increase.

Any suggestions to resolve the above.

Moderator note: post merged with existing thread.  Posting the same/similar issue in multiple places divides the conversation.  Members following one thread can't spot - or contribute - a solution in the other.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 11,380
Message 7 of 116

So far, no issues with my Yoga 910, but I'll watch for this issue.

Quick question, though... is everyone up to date on available drivers from the support pages?

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1C3 X1T3 X1T2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

laxman11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,344
Message 8 of 116

Yes Please all the drivers are up to date
90c4
Punch Card
Views: 11,323
Message 9 of 116

Curious, where do people see an error if the plug into the wrong USB C port? I've tried both and I don't see an error displayed
ktowers22
What's DOS?
Views: 11,122
Message 10 of 116

Hello everyone,

I just recently started having this issue. I tried to turn on my laptop and it was saying that the battery was dead (which shouldn't have been the case because it was plugged in the last time that i was using it). So i plug it in and it turns on and says the battery is 99% charged (plugged in, not charging). I though maybe it wasn't charging the battery because it was full. I wanted to test it so i unplugged the laptop and now it's been showing 95% for over an hour now which can't possibly be correct.

The cord can't be the issue because it registers the cord being plugged in and the screen brightness increases.

Do we need an update to the BIOS?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors