Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ssoniccomputers
Fanfold Paper
Views: 138
Message 211 of 216

Re: yoga 910 battery not charging

Yep no problem, yours was also a helpful statement but I thought I'd shine some light on it since so far I haven't found anyone other than me that actually fixed this issue and knew what was going on.  Obviously some shops have gotten it done but I do believe I was the first to do that in my shop under my stereoscopic scope with my Quick 861DW badass rework station and some micro-tweezers Smiley Wink

scizen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 125
Message 212 of 216

Apparently this is an increasingly widespread problem with more than just Lenovo. I saw a guy on Ebay selling MB repair for this issue. I went with someone else, but I did contact the fellow and he said the issue is growing.

Here's a question: if overheating is causing this, would drilling some small air holes in the bottom case plate right over those mosfet chips help keep them cool??

Ssoniccomputers
Fanfold Paper
Views: 117
Message 213 of 216

That could help, the best way to deal with this type of situation is to simply upgrade the mosfets to more capable ones and ideally you'd have a fan that blows air along the pathway through all of the components that generate heat and goes on to an exit.

Salvzeri
Paper Tape
Views: 86
Message 214 of 216

As someone else mentioned, there are two USB-C ports on the same side where the laptop charges from. One of them is not for charging, the other is. This has been confusing some people.
Ssoniccomputers
Fanfold Paper
Views: 73
Message 215 of 216

They should only charge from one port, the one closest to the hinge, the other is for video and other things.  The "main" USB-C port can not do video but can do all else, the other port can do all but charging and attempting to charge from it can result in damage to several subsystems.  If I remember correctly the "main" port is reddish color internally.   This, or reading the user manual that tells you this should remove any confusion.

90c4
Punch Card
Views: 48
Message 216 of 216

I commented in this post 2 years ago as I had this issue and had Lenovo replace the motherboard.  Same issue has just popped up again and system won't power up as it had powered down completely. Does Lenovo even stock motherboard parts for the 910 any longer? I looked online and it appears that their site says none in stock but I'm not sure if that's a temporary or permanent status. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors