Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Inoda
Paper Tape
Views: 686
Message 101 of 196

Re: yoga 910 battery not charging

I am in the same situation, three times I took it back to the Microsoft Store that I bought it from, to which after couple days on each occasion they call to tell me its fixed, and within a week or so to experience the same problem. Battery not charging! Everything is updated BIOS included. The problem is consistent, when will Lenovo address the issue? I see many posts with the same problem. Who has the fix?
Inoda
Paper Tape
Views: 674
Message 102 of 196

I am in the same situation.... very disappointing that with such a prevalent issue, Lenovo has not come up with a fix.

Inoda
Paper Tape
Views: 591
Message 103 of 196

Similar experience, and just so happens shortly after warranty expired.

Very dissapointing.

Xstreamdigital
Paper Tape
Views: 565
Message 104 of 196

Man, so many problems on this thing?

Anyway i have the same problem. I lost my charger. So i die buy a new one.  And there it goes.  No charging and even no start up.   Got a empty battery so i can't do anything.  And warranty is gone to.   Lenovo step up man. Fix those problems.

I also die try a other battery, 30 powerknop Button press and novo button. Nothing. 

Update: i ordered a new DC board  hope it works. A new motherboard Will not been the next thing anyway. I bit a new and better notebook for that.

dogan91
Paper Tape
Views: 544
Message 105 of 196

Good luck!  

Can I ask where you ordered the DC Board from?

Honestly cannot believe Lenovo have not provided any sort of remedy for this issue everybody is seeming to have.

CSA3
What's DOS?
Views: 395
Message 106 of 196

Here is what is working at the moment:

Go to your device manager, under Battery, choose to disable Microsoft AC adapter, do Not uninstall it, as it would only come back reboot, but if you disable it it should stay disabled.

After this step it is charging correctly, for now.

Ssoniccomputers
Fanfold Paper
Views: 396
Message 107 of 196

Are you asking me what DOS is?  Disk Operating System, the first Windows ran as a shell OS or "guest OS" over that subsytem, also happens to be the first language that I programmed in 34yrs ago at the age of 6 Smiley Happy  I don't know if you knew this yet but I did successfully repair my Yoga 910 and can help you with info on the acutal cause and repair procedure if you need.

Ssoniccomputers
Fanfold Paper
Views: 395
Message 108 of 196

Please note that this is due to hardware failure, not software settings...  Soldering iron, skill, good meter, and new componet(s) come into play here.  When you solve a problem do it the right way, not the way that "just gets you by".  My unit would not power on or charge at all, and I'm using right now weeks after the replacment of a failed MOSFET in the charging circuit.  Ironically I'm actually reading a schematic off of my Yoga 910 while repairing a power issue in a pro sub amp Smiley Happy

gimme2more
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 338
Message 109 of 196

Xtreamdigital -- I replaced the I/O port and had this issue come up again a month later so I ordered an Anker charger that was recommended way earlier in this string. It's about 6 months after "plugged in not charging" first came up and every now and then the Lenovo charger (my third one) just does not register as plugged in at all.

This is the one I have: Anker Quick Charge 3.0 31.5W Dual USB Wall Charger, PowerPort 2
It charges r e a l l y  s l o w l y and if I'm using the laptop, it barely maintains the same level or slowly depletes. The Lenovo charger will usually work again after charging this way... until it doesn't. I have to carry both with me, or just the Anker one, but that's not great because it takes forever. It can also charge my phone, so I guess that's a plus.

I use this temperamental, defective laptop all day for work, so I have the battery alerts set to remind me to plug it in when it goes yellow (19% ish) and then unplug between 90 & 100%. That seems to keep it satisfied with the OEM charger. If it gets into red, then the Lenovo charger acts up -- sometimes only charging to 70% and sometimes not at all. When I travel, I always bring the Anker charger for peace of mind. I just had a trip and needed it 3 times.

But if were easy, then it wouldn't be fun...right?

Ssoniccomputers
Fanfold Paper
Views: 306
Message 110 of 196

Haha I agree and not saying that i do or don't join in on any conspiracty therios it happens often.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors