Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ssoniccomputers
Fanfold Paper
Views: 249
Message 191 of 196

Re: yoga 910 battery not charging

Just so you know, I am communicating with you currently on the 910 that I diagnosed and repaired and it's good to go..Capture2.PNG

sl55
Paper Tape
Views: 248
Message 192 of 196

perfect that's great info there..  might take me a while to get my head around it, but definitely what I need to get me troubleshooting properly instead of stabbing in the dark!

Ssoniccomputers
Fanfold Paper
Views: 243
Message 193 of 196

Yep, very likely the same scenario with all of the 910's, obiously a widespread problem which while it sounds crazy is actually a great thing as it gives more clues as to the cause and potential solution.  As it is I replaced to mosfet with one out of a newer gaming laptop and I'm assuming it'll last for a year or so before failing again.  This rework process takes skill and proper equipment to do correctly without damaging the board and causing other issues.  I use a Quick 861DW and it's fast and easy but then again I do this stuff all day long repairing Macbook Pro/Air boards.

Ssoniccomputers
Fanfold Paper
Views: 236
Message 194 of 196

Do as I did and test all the mosfets while they're on the board and i'd be interested to find out if it's the same one or not that failed on your unit.  Also, careful with the ribbon cable connector on the top of the board that connects the usb c board to the motherboard on the motherboard side I noticed that it's fragile and failed so I had to fix that as well.

scizen
Paper Tape
Views: 148
Message 195 of 196

Ok, so here's my update to my 910's failure to charge.

I have 2 separate and identical 910's so I can do some process of elimination.

I have 3 chargers that work perfectly on laptop A, but laptop B will only charge at 5V. B takes 2+ days to charge.

I replaced the battery in B. No change.

I bought a new charger for B. No change.

I upgraded the BIOS and tons of drivers, including uninstalling the battery in the Device Manager. No change.

I purchased from LeNoGo, waited a month, received, and installed a new USB daughterboard. NO CHANGE!

The probem persists. 

Come on LeNoGo...there's clearly a hardware defect in the 910 and we need some service.

sl55
Paper Tape
Views: 113
Message 196 of 196

Well I finally got around to opening her up,  I believe fet's 20 & 15 have failed, but I stumbled on a bigger problem,  chip on the far right bottom corner is clearly l blown, I'll attach a picture...   I'm guessing this one is a proprietary chip and not sourceable?  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors