Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sergey_RU
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,729
Message 21 of 198

Re: yoga 910 battery not charging

Hello. Has your problem been solved? Did the service center say anything? Has anyone else contacted a technical support or service center and has the problem been resolved? I have the same problem. Yesterday, I stopped showing the battery level in Windows. If the cable is connected, charging is in progress, but Windows shows the battery status at the moment Windows starts. And correctly shows the first minute after start. Next shows the level of charge that was during at the moment Windows starts. When you connect the cable, it shows that it is connected, but it will output a message "plugged in, not charging".
Lenovo Yoga 910
byoram
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,694
Message 22 of 198

For me the experience is that whenever the battery is at 90%+, it will sometime not charge, it does charge when it drops below that level. i am not sure if this is a new Windows 'feature', but it has been the pattern on my end, i tend to think, also from reading other online sites, that this is not a Lenovo problem.

Sergey_RU
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,686
Message 23 of 198

My Windows shows the battery level at the moment of boot. Then the charging level is displayed incorrectly. I found this when my laptop was discharged in 0%. Ie, it turns out that Windows also thinks that the battery is OK. It does not matter how much the battery is actually charged, at 0%, 20% or 76%.

Lenovo Yoga 910
Sergey_RU
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,612
Message 24 of 198

In my case, I found out the problem.

I tried now to reinstall Windows and installed Win 10 Pro Eng. Everything worked. The battery charge level was displayed correctly. When the cable is connected, the battery is normally charged. But in Windows 10 Pro ENG could not solve the problem of some old programs. When you run them, instead of some words, icons (question marks, lines, exclamation marks, etc.) are displayed.

I thought that maybe there is a conflict with some software installed on the laptop. And reinstalled Windows on the version of Win 10 Home Russian. Immediately the same problem manifested itself. Power management ceased to work. This is manifested in the fact that the battery does not charge under Windows. When you turn off the laptop battery is charging normally, I think because the charging process is controlled by the firmware of the laptop. If I unplug the power cord while working in Windows, Windows will show the battery level when the cable is disconnected, but at the same time, drain the battery until the battery runs out to zero.

Installing drivers and the latest Windows updates did not solve the problem.

In my opinion there is clearly a problem in the operation of Windows drivers, and it is in the Russian version of Windows. Perhaps the same problem is in Windows for other languages. Now I regained the version of Windows 10 Pro Russian. I have many programs in it. I will look for a solution to the problem. Perhaps in the next version updates of Windows or drivers will solve this problem.

Wrote to technical support Lenovo. A week later they sent me an answer that you need to calibrate the battery using Power Manager. I have not found such a program. I wrote them about it. They sent me a link to the Lenovo Power Management Driver. Installed this driver, but nothing has changed. And I did not find any Power Manager program in Windows.

I will continue to communicate with Lenovo technical support and try to contact Microsoft technical support. If there is a result, I will write.

Lenovo Yoga 910
Sergey_RU
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,523
Message 25 of 198

I found the cause of the problem with my laptop. Maybe someone will be helpful. At me the level of a charge after replacement SSD on Toshiba THNSN 5512 GPUK M.2 nvme SSD 2280 512GB has ceased to be defined. After several experiments with reinstalling Windows and installing SSD Samsung, which was before, I realized that it was all about SSD Toshiba.
I returned the old SSD back, it's good that I have not given it to him yet. While everything is working properly.
Very strange, because When I just changed the SSD, everything worked fine. After receiving the Windows updates, the problems started about which I wrote earlier. Reinstalling Windows without any updates, or installing another version did not work.
Tech support did not help.

Lenovo Yoga 910
david474
What's DOS?
Views: 3,469
Message 26 of 198

Its Amazing look like they have problm over the manufacture and they not doing nothing to fix it. My compuer is more then a month on the lab with this probelm ,

i think its will be the last time i will ever buy any of the Lenovo computer im sorry i was spending more then 1300$  Smiley Sad

chiguy78
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,455
Message 27 of 198

Sorry, I never got around to updating my situation.  

To recap: In early February I started to experience the problem with the battery taking a long time to charge and then finally not charging at all.  Around February 20th, I contacted Lenovo support who advised me to send in my machine for servicing. 

I checked every few days to see that status of my repairs, but was always met with "After performing problem determination our service technician has identified the failure. Despite our best efforts to maintain inventory of all repair components, the service part needed to repair your machine is currently unavailable. We are working diligently to obtain replenishment stock and will repair your machine as soon as the part becomes available."

My laptop was at the service center for approximately 30 days before I was contacted by someone at Lenovo.  I was given a number to call to speak to a case manager.  She was very nice and offered to send me a new Yoga910, which I received a few days later (though i had already bought a new laptop by then, NOT a Lenovo).  Hopefully the new Yoga doesn't have this problem...I'd hate to have to go through this again.

Cameroonski
Paper Tape
Views: 3,408
Message 28 of 198

I have the same problem.  Basically my 910 will only charge when in sleep mode . . witht eh A/C plugged into the USB-3 slot I get "plugged in charging" however the power just runs down anyway . . it seems the PC is running of the battery no matter what.  I am staggered at how many issues this machine has and how useless Lenovo are.  This is the 3rd problem I have had since getting the machine.  I will certainly never buy another Lenovo product - it seems like these guys really on the way down.   I have tried everything on here and nothing is working

Kamin1
Paper Tape
Views: 3,161
Message 29 of 198

My 910 has been plagued with issues since I purchased it.  Wiped and reloaded Windows 10.  Power issue is not fixed.  I don't trust support.  They kept a company's ceo laptop for 7 months without fixing it.  The IT dept for them canceled all future Lenovo purchases with their issues on every model they've owned.  I also know of another company contemplating the same decision.  I now advise all to avoid Lenovo.  It was a good company that is going out badly...lost first place in sales to HP of which I am also not a fan of.   I cannot even buy a replacement or extra adapter since it was brand new.  Lenovo irresponsibly has always been out of stock.  The only thing that gets me by with it at times is using a 3rd party usb type c adapter of at least 65 watts.  With it, the laptop charges but slowly.  I own this brick and would ethically not sell it.  Of course, I have another non-Lenovo now.  The last three Lenovo laptops all had too many issues.  Lenovo has my contact info from this profile and support contact efforts.  Of course, no one will care to reach out and make this right from Lenovo.

Miini
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,989
Message 30 of 198

As I read this chain I'm getting worried as sounds this laptop is really unreliable, and no solution is offered by Lenovo. I've written in this community and have been talking with both Finnish and Spanish technical service. I encountered a problem with charging - blinking light, plugged-in not charging. When I noticed the battery was going down, I called tech service. At Spanish Lenovo they said it is most likely a charger issue, so ordered a new one at my own cost (75EUR+VAT), it had to be shipped from Denmark as Lenovo has no single partner store in Barcelona with this charger in stock. When I plugged in after three days of the laptop having been switched off, the charging started normal. Checked with the old charger, and to my surprise it charged as well. Next day, the same problem appeared again - the battery did not charge and level started falling, while plugged-in. Decided to send the laptop to be repaired. Had issues of Lenovo's partner accepting my laptop, regardless the warranty (the laptop was purchased in Dec 16).  Received it back yesterday (over a month from the first contact). It seemed to be working ok again. Switched on today and there was a new issue 94% of battery - "plugged in not charging", blinking led light and blinking battery symbol, and battery level started falling, when plugged in. Switched off and charging started as normal. It doesn't look the laptop is reliable at all. I will talk to Finnish and Spanish technical services tomorrow and see what they say, but looks like I need to buy a new work laptop - which will certainly not by Lenovo. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors