Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lenovoyoga910
Paper Tape
Views: 159
Message 1 of 2

yoga 910 wont connect to monitor

I have a lenovo yoga 910 that I bought about 3 years ago and I recently bought a usb-c to HDMI adapter for me to plug my laptop into an external monitor I have. When I set everything up and turn on the monitor, the monitor recognizes that the laptop's been connected but it says that there is no signal so nothing shows up on the screen. My drivers are updated and I know the problem is not the adaptor since I can connect my phone to the monitor via the adaptor and it works.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions to fix this. Thanks.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 104
Message 2 of 2

Re: yoga 910 wont connect to monitor

Welcome to the Community

First, make sure you're using the FORWARD USB-C port as the rear one doesn't do video.

If it still fails, try a different adapter. The 910's USB-C implementation, being early to the game, is a little different than subsequent models and probably your phone, too. I had to go through a couple before finding one that'd work on a 910. There's a thread in this section where users list adapters of various kinds that work and those that...  I've been using a Trendnet adapter. Liked it so much, I bought another one for my 920. 

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors