Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpeterrr
Paper Tape
Views: 1,279
Message 1 of 7

yoga 920 glass vibes suddenly shut down and now doesn't start

I have a 3-month old yoga 920 glass vibes. Last night, the battery was below 20%, so I plugged in the charger to the right thunderbolt port. After few minutes, my laptop suddenly shut down. Now, it won't open anymore. Whenever I press the power button, the light indicator turns on for few seconds, but nothing happens. I tried to plug in the charger again. The light indicator was white and blinking slowly several minutes ago, but now it's steady white. The laptop still doesn't start though. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,270
Message 2 of 7

Re: yoga 920 glass vibes suddenly shut down and now doesn't start

You can try a static discharge. Press and hold the power button for a full minute. Then try to restart it. If that doesn't work, try the recessed NOVO button.  

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
jpeterrr
Paper Tape
Views: 1,268
Message 3 of 7

I tried both, but still nothing happened. When I pressed the NOVO button, the power button indicator lighted up for a few seconds (just like when I press the power button normally), but nothing on the display. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,261
Message 4 of 7

Since it's under warranty, send it in.

jpeterrr
Paper Tape
Views: 1,258
Message 5 of 7

The problem is... I bought it in US, but I'm already in Taiwan. I'm not sure if this is under warranty here...
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,250
Message 6 of 7

You can always check with Lenovo. If not, I'm sure you have friends here in the US. Get one of them to be your "address" while it gets fixed. 

So many things could be wrong, it's hard to pinpoint. And opening up the computer always comes with risks. There is another thread where a user removed, then re-installed his battery in a 900 and that seemed to fix things. But, as I said, that's one of many things that could be wrong. If nothing's lighting other than the power and charging lamps, it could be a loose battery cable... it could be a fried motherboard. 

jpeterrr
Paper Tape
Views: 1,205
Message 7 of 7

Apparently, it has an international warranty. Thank God! I'm gonna send it in on Monday. Thanks anyway, Doctordon.

*and to the one who privately messaged me, I'm not gullible enough to send you my laptop and use your address. Thanks anyway.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors