Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsiegel23
What's DOS?
Views: 839
Message 1 of 5

yoga 920 pen problem

I just got a yoga 920 and the lenovo active pen 2 and the pen works... it is synced with the computer and recognized as a bluetooth pen. The button on top works to bring up ink workspace as well but the pen does not work on the screen at all. It wont draw in the drawing apps and has no functionality on screen as a stylus. Are there any drivers I should be downloading or a specific update I need? any ideas would help... thanks

Rogue_Art
What's DOS?
Views: 604
Message 2 of 5

Re: yoga 920 pen problem

I have exact same problem.
Did you ever get it resolved?
Jrawrd9
Fanfold Paper
Views: 525
Message 3 of 5

I also have this problem... It worked fine when I first got the laptop, but I just now noticed that I have the same issue as you... curious if there has been a fix?

Jrawrd9
Fanfold Paper
Views: 521
Message 4 of 5

Found another post on this forum regarding this issue, which i posted my theory in, figured I'd share it here as well.

From: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-yoga-920-Active-Pen-2-syncs-but-won...

I also have this problem with my pen, and just realized something... The pen is powered by two different batteries --

the tiny button cell batteries power the bluetooth radio in the top portion of the pen, while the AAAA (4A) battery powers the bottom portion of the pen. Both halves of the pen operate independently from eachother, as tested by separating the halves and the top button still works to bring up the Windows Ink Workspace. 

My guess is the AAAA battery is dead. I checked the local hardware store and they were out of AAAA batteries so I can't confirm this theory, but I just ordered a pack from Amazon which should be here in a couple of days... If anyone else is motivated to go out and track down one of these batteries, it might be worth it to test.

If there is no response by the time my batteries arrive, I will update with my findings. Hope this helps.

Jrawrd9
Fanfold Paper
Views: 500
Message 5 of 5

I just replaced the AAAA battery in the pen with a new battery and the pen is back to functioning normally.

Hope this info helps!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors