Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mercenar20
Paper Tape
Views: 482
Message 1 of 4

yoga display problems

Hello,

for about 2 weeks I've had a Lenovo yoga and I was quite satisfied with the laptop until I tried to return from the tablet mode to the laptop mode and the screen blacked out. After this, the laptop became unusable and I had to restart it in order to make it work again. In the beginning it used to get a disrupted grey screen but now it's mostly black. This doesn't happen when I go from the laptop mode to the tablet mode.

It happens every time when I try to go to the laptop mode from the tablet mode . When i'm in the tent form and go to the normal laptop form it's all good . I've installed the latest drivers from the Lenovo website and the problem still persists. 

What can be wrong and how can I fix it ?

Highlighted
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 450
Message 2 of 4

Re: yoga display problems

you probably have a frayed LCD cable, which requires warranty service.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
mercenar20
Paper Tape
Views: 425
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your response, if it is so, why doesn't it get disrupted when I turn it into the tablet mode ?

My warranty is not available and I was wondering if you could tell me what should be changed or repaired ? Do I need to get another part of this laptop and replace it or can I repair it ?

Thank you
mercenar20
Paper Tape
Views: 395
Message 4 of 4

I tried another method and I think it's a software problem.

I turn from laptop to table mode , averythin's ok. After that I put the computer to sleep, I convert it to normal laptop mode and then press the power button to wake from sleep and it is working normally. What do you think ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors