Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexLin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 659
Message 1 of 12

yoga920, Bluetooth disappears and no bluetooth hardware can be found

I got my Yoga 920 in Jan2018 in Las vegas. Something wrong with its bluetooth since July, the bluetooth was switched off automatically (my mouse is connected to the PC via bluetooth), then no bluetooth hardware can be found in my PC. Then after reset and BIOS reboot, it will be ok. But such kind of things will happen again.....  

Then is August 2018, I got my book repaired in HK service center (Case No.180980012). I was told that the bluetooth moudel (the hardware) was changed and the problem was solved. It is ok for 1-2 weeks after that.  Then the same situation came out again.

Now i am frustrated because the reset and BIOS reboot does not work. Which means I can not use my bluetooth any longer. The only respond I can get from Lenovo is that "please send your PC to our service cenrter..."  OMG, I have sent it there before but seems the problem can not be solved!!  Anybody who can let me know what the hell is going on with my PC??

Also, another thing which makes me more fructrated is that there is no service for my PC in China mainland and the nearest for me is Hongkong!!  So redicluous!!!

Guru
Views: 629
Message 2 of 12

Re: yoga920, Bluetooth disappears and no bluetooth hardware can be found

Two settings to try. 

Open Device Manager (Windows key+X, M). Locate and expand the Bluetooth entry. Locate the Bluetooth entry for the Qualcomm card. Right click, choose "Properties" and on the resulting window, select the Power Management tab and make sure "Allow Windows to turn off this device to save power" is not checked.

Second, dig into your power plan settings.

Windows Key, click on the gear icon > System > Power and Sleep > Power > Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings.  

Expand "Wireless Adapter Settings" and "Power Saving Mode." Set both "on battery" and "Plugged in" to maximum performance.

Reboot. 

If that also fails, it may be time to swap the Qualcomm card for an Intel.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
AlexLin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 612
Message 3 of 12

Thank you, Doctordon. 

I have tried with these two seetings, but still nothing happens. 

AND the most important is that I have my pc repaired in HK lenovo service centre for this problem, which only support me for 2 weeks. it seems that they didnt supply me with a solution or they even dont know what is a solution. 

JanineT
Paper Tape
Views: 558
Message 4 of 12

Just in case someone else comes looking for answers... My Yoga 920 sudenly "lost" Bluetooth. Couldn't find a way to turn it on/off, lost connection to devices I had previously used (mouse and speaker), no sign of Bluetooth at all in Device Manager. Spent a couple of hours trawling the net, trying a few things (eg downloading new drivers), but nothing seemed to work. Very frustrating!!

Finally, I read someone's suggestion of doing a forced shutdown (ie hold the power button until machine shuts down).... Tried it, problem solved!! So if your Bluetooth has suddenly disappeared, and nothing else seems to work, try the brute force option. 

Cheers

Janine

AlexLin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 543
Message 5 of 12

Ha, the same situation happen to me many times. The bluetooth will come back after I reset the PC and maybe 2-3 days later it disappears again.  Then just repeat the same game ......

Hope the same problem will never happen to you PC again.

The worst part is that I have sent my PC to Lenovo service centre to get it repaired.  The same problem is still there. I dont know why.  Maybe Lenovo guys did nothing with my PC there in the service centre and they just reset my PC. Or maybe they are the same all thumbs like me and dont know how to solve the problem.  What make me frustrated is the so called "service", which is totally bull**bleep**.

I swear this is the last time I choose this **bleep**ing stupid brand. 

Clevor
Punch Card
Views: 536
Message 6 of 12

Just a sidenote: if you were one of the unlucky persons who had the (POS) Windows 10 1809 automaticaly install a couple of weeks back, besides losing some of your files, you may get Bluetooth problems. Right after the update, I starting to lose Bluetooth on my MSI desktop. I mean the whole machine would go dead, even the monitor screen, since I am using a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, and speakers. Not sure why, but my monitor would shut off too. Only way to recover is pull the plug on the machine (since you can't shut down), and restart. Or if I could regain use of the machine in Windows, had to manually turn Bluetooth off, then on.

Never had this problem before the Windows 1809 update. Now you know why Microsoft pulled it off the web.

AlexLin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 527
Message 7 of 12

My OS is Win10 1803 (17134.345) and it is updated automatically. 

The guys in Lenovo service Cernter said it may be the hardware problem, nobody knows what is the solution.

Guru
Views: 502
Message 8 of 12

For some, resetting the CMOS through what's called a "static discharge" has seemed to help. Power off the computer, then hold the power button for a full minute after the computer shuts off.  

AlexLin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 481
Message 9 of 12

yes,  CMOS reboot (hold the power button for 1 min) or use a pin to push in the RESET hole to have BIOS reset may help to get back  bluetooth. I must repeat this action every 2-3 days but sometimes it does not work.  Neither CMOS reboot nor BIOS reset is a fundamental solution. Even those service guy siad “hardware changed” can not be a total solution!  Seems there is no total solution for this and those Lenovo guys never care.

Guru
Views: 462
Message 10 of 12

What's interesting to me is that it sticks for 2-3 days. Something's causing it to "forget" the BT device after a couple of days. Anything of interest in your Event Viewer? Critical flags or DCOM errors?  Does BT just fail while you're using the computer or after a sleep/boot cycle? What BT appliances are you using? 

Easy fix would be to open it up and swap out the Qualcomm card for an Intel OR reset the computer with OKR to get it back to out-of-the-box condition.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors