Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexLin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 341
Message 11 of 18

Re: yoga920, Bluetooth disappears and no bluetooth hardware can be found

I use a BT mouse(Microsoft Designer), that is why I am so sensitve with the interrupt. And I just use my Yoga to handle those regular daily work (office file, Email, Internet, Photoshop), No games, no sepcial software ....

And after the first time the BT interrupt, I tried (follow the advice from Lenovo teleservice):

1: BIOS reboot (Fn+F9,Fn+F10), 

2: Hardware reset (a pin to push in the reset hole)

3: Restart PC (hold the power button for 1 min),

4: Clean the golden finger of Qualcomm card (by the guy in lenovo cervice center) 

None of each is an everlasting solution, 2-3 days the same interrupt come out again. 

Then, I had no choice but send it to Hongkong Lenovo Service center (The nearest one who can supply free service under IWS), then it was said the Qualcomm Card in my PC was changed. 2 weeks after it was back from HongKong, the same interrupt come out again ...... 

Now I had to repeat one of those ways above intermittently, or use my old mouse (wireless with an receiver).

AlexLin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 319
Message 12 of 18

Hours ago,  BT disappered and came back after Reboot (hold power button for 1 min).

Regular, it is like  in my Devices manager: BTok.png

Then if the problem comes, it is like this:

NoBT.png

no_no
What's DOS?
Views: 152
Message 13 of 18

Hi. How can I swap to Intel Bluetooth card? by myself?

Clevor
Punch Card
Views: 141
Message 14 of 18

This is more of a side note or an update on my earlier post. It's now a known issue with Windows 1809 that one may periodically lose Bluetooth (just do a Google). Problem is, Microsoft still hasn't fixed the problem even with the latest cumulative update. What happens is all of a sudden, all your Bluetooth devices go dead. If you check Devices under Windows Settings, guess what? Your Bluetooth button is missing! So you can't even turn it off and on, which is what I usually do to regain use of my Bluetooth devices. Or a lot of times when you boot, your Bluetooth devices don't connect. Check Devices again and no Bluetooth on/off button. Sometimes I have to reboot several times to get the button back. One time I had to wait 30' or so and reboot. I mainly have this problem with my daily use computer, an MSI Aegis Plus desktop, since I rarely use my Yoga 920.

I don't think this explains the problems in this thread with the Lenovos though, since it seems you guys have the problem on a fairly predictable basis. And whenever this happens for me, the hardware is still there in Device Manager.

What irks me is I've had this Bluetooth issue with Windows 1809 since it came out last November, and it's now a well known issue, and Microsoft still hasn't fixed the problem Smiley Mad

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 129
Message 15 of 18

The 920 is among many computers blocked from updating to 1809. It should not have taken the update automatically. An Intel driver activated some unsupported Windows functions and 1809 isn't expecting that when it installs. So, things wreck.  What wrecks seems to vary widely.  The thing to do is not to force an update to 1809 and just wait for 1903. For those who have already forced the 1809 update and can't roll it back, the solution is to reset the computer. It should automatically stop updating with 1803.  There is a workaround that involves installing a new Intel driver before upgrading to 1809, but this close to the next major Windows version, it's probably best to just wait it out. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Clevor
Punch Card
Views: 109
Message 16 of 18

Interesting info Doctordon. I checked my external drive with System Images and I see I was able to make one for my Yoga 920 in Dec. 2018. It says Windows 1809. How did I do that? I have not run the laptop long enough to see if there are any issues though. I do have another image with Windows 1803 so I best hang on to that one.

So are you saying if you have a Yoga 920 and you try to update to Windows 1809 it just fails at some point (which is pretty common if you have an old machine - it takes 3 hours to update and it won't post)?

The Yoga 920 comes with Windows Home so there is no way to stop the automatic updates.

AlexLin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 103
Message 17 of 18

Ha, My windows is  Win10 Home 1803, the original one with the Yoga920.  From my point of view,  even if this problem is from Windows, Lenovo also need do something since this window is pre-installed by Lenovo.  

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 86
Message 18 of 18

@Clevor wrote:

So are you saying if you have a Yoga 920 and you try to update to Windows 1809 it just fails at some point (which is pretty common if you have an old machine - it takes 3 hours to update and it won't post)?

The Yoga 920 comes with Windows Home so there is no way to stop the automatic updates.

No, I'm saying the 920 shouldn't automatically update to 1809. If you "check for updates" and choose to install them, that bypasses the block and forces 1809, which installs, but incorrectly. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors