Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NylG
Paper Tape
Views: 319
Message 1 of 2

Install additional HDD to LenovoEMC px4-300d

Hello, 

Our LenovoEMC px4-300d has existing 2 x HDD in RAID 1 configuration. The existing HDD is 2TB 3.5" with P/N: H3U20006472S (Hitachi brand) and has rotational speed of 7200RPM and 64mb buffer rate. 

I would like to add 2 more drives (total of 4) and make it in RAID 5 configuration. That way, to maximize the capacity. 

I can't find the same model (Hitachi) of HDD. Therefore, I would like to know if I can use different brand of HDD and mix it as long it has the same Rotational Speed (RPM) and Buffer Rate. 

Please advise if there won't be an issue if I will use the HDD model below:

Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM006 7200rpm 64mb Sata

Thank you. 

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 207
Message 2 of 2

Re: Install additional HDD to LenovoEMC px4-300d

I'm sure you've already tried the drives you mentioned, and they should work just fine. There is an "official drive compatibility list" maintained by Lenovo (most any other drives work though), but I don't have the link for that right now. The only thing some people report is that previously used drives need to be "cleaned" before use, meaning all data/partitions must be removed from the used drives before installing them into the device. If you're using brand new drives, they should pop right up without this "pre-conditioning".

PersonaNonGrata

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals