10-16-2020

BR

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

LenovoEMC™ px4-300d - Rebuild RAID

2020-10-16, 12:52 PM

I have a px4-300d storage with four 2 TB hard drives configured in RAID 10 that reported a disk failure on disk 1.

I bougth a new disk drive to substitute that one with failure but by mistake I pull off disk 2. When I realize my mistake I reinserted disk 2. After that the system gives me a message about a possible lost of data but I checked my shares and they was normal.

One day after I pull off disk 1 in order to substitute the correct failure disk and my RAID were lost and consequently all of my data.

There are any way to recover my RAID without lost my data?

If it is possible is very important to me because my last backup is very outdated.

Options

557 Posts

08-14-2018

US

546 Signins

10079 Page Views

• Views: 10079
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:LenovoEMC™ px4-300d - Rebuild RAID

2020-10-26, 17:33 PM

@ Ferrarini welcome to the forums.  It sounds like you have a failed disk, and then pulled out an additional disk in the unit but reinserted it? 

It seems that after you did this everything was working still until you pulled out the failed disk and then everything went offline? 

Do you have access to the management interface?  What are the status of the disks now? 

wrote:

I have a px4-300d storage with four 2 TB hard drives configured in RAID 10 that reported a disk failure on disk 1.

I bougth a new disk drive to substitute that one with failure but by mistake I pull off disk 2. When I realize my mistake I reinserted disk 2. After that the system gives me a message about a possible lost of data but I checked my shares and they was normal.

One day after I pull off disk 1 in order to substitute the correct failure disk and my RAID were lost and consequently all of my data.

There are any way to recover my RAID without lost my data?

If it is possible is very important to me because my last backup is very outdated.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete