11-22-2016

US

15 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 1 of 2

PX4-400d - Unable to add previous local user account names after HDD upgrade

2019-12-20, 19:21 PM

After updating firmware to v4.1.412.34888 on all of my PX4-400d units which are in 4-HDD RAID-5 configuration, I used the recommended procedure of backing up both the configuration and all data files on my primary PX4-400d before upgrading its four HDD's from 4TB to 6TB, increasing from total of 16TB to 24TB.  

After installing the new 6TB HDD's and restoring the previous configuration file backup, the unit seemed to have only partially restored the configuration settings like previous RAID-5 configuration, administrator account name/password, but did not restore other user account names or share names.  I was able to recreate the previous share names with no problem but I am unable to recreate any of the previous user account names/passwords, getting an error message of "Unable to add user XXXXX".  I am able to add any new user name/password, just not any of the previously used names.  It's as if these user accounts already exist even though they are not showing in the Users & Groups tab.  Is there some way to clear out this seemingly memory of previous account names or some way to re-activate them and make visible?

Options

2 Posts

11-22-2016

US

15 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: PX4-400d - Unable to add previous local user account names after HDD upgrade

2020-01-02, 21:21 PM
Anybody, any ideas?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save