Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Squiccio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,047
Message 1 of 55

PX6-300D SLOW after latest firmware PLEASE FIX IT!

On px6-300d alter latest firmware update on 16/10/2019, i'm experiencing a speed transfer 13MB/s, intead of the unser 100-120MB/s...Please FIX!!!!!!!!

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,998
Message 2 of 55

Re: PX6-300D SLOW after latest firmware PLEASE FIX IT!

Hello, as far as I can tell the latest firwmare update does not contain anything that should be performance related but was released to address a security issue. 

Changes In Version 4.1.410.34865 - Release Date 10/16/2019

• Addresses several security vulnerabilities in OpenSSL, Samba, FTP.

Troubleshooting a performance issue over the forums would be quite hard with such limited information that is posted here. 

Please let us know what performance you are seeing on your read/write tests. ......example..... X Mbs througput on a write test. 

Please let us know what you are throughput you are expecting. 

Please let us know how you are measuring the speed of the transfer. 

Have you ever seen good performance from the unit? 

Are you getting any errors in the logs of the storage unit?

cmacclel
Paper Tape
Views: 1,985
Message 3 of 55

I've always had 100+ MB/s Tranfer rate over my gigabit network. After the latest update I get 13MB/s on 2 computers trying to either copy to or from the NAS. Last week before the update and over the past 3 years I always had at least 100MB/s either read or write. There is no error messages. Can you provide a link for the previous firmware version?

Squiccio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,956
Message 4 of 55

My experience it's related to windows file sharing. Before the update the trasfer speed was around 1gpps, while now it is only 100mb. I read the changes writtent into the changelog bur me and other users are experiencing those problem. It finally seems to be related to the cifs protocol.We all are waiting for a fast release of a new firmware to fix.

Thanks so much

itret
Paper Tape
Views: 1,927
Message 5 of 55

I experience the exact same behaviour on a px4-300d!

Before the upgrade to 4.1.410.34865, I had full GBit-Speed (~120MB/sec) up and down using CIFS or FTP.
Since the upgrade, FTP is still running with ~120MB/sec read and write, but CIFS dropped down to 12MB/sec!
This is the same situation on different PC's and Win10 or WinPE (just for test).

Since CIFS is the way, my backup app (Acronis) is communicating with the NAS, backups are almost impossible at the moment.
I already opened a case with support and got the imager to go back to 4.1.408.34845 as an interim solution, but still awaiting a fix for .410 to overcome the security vulnerabilities in Samba & FTP.

Thank you for still providing updates for such an old product!

Squiccio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,915
Message 6 of 55

Is it possible to downgrade to the previous firmware version(without loosing data)? Thanks

itret
Paper Tape
Views: 1,876
Message 7 of 55

Nope! Not with the official procedure:

"The LifeLine Device Imager allows you to re-image a fatally unrecoverable network storage device, returning it to an initial factory state with updated firmware. It reformats the device and replaces the firmware with a new image, erasing all existing data and settings.

IMPORTANT! The LifeLine device imager is completely data destructive. You should always review troubleshooting alternatives with a technical support agent before re-imaging!"

I'm kind of lucky, since I'm upgrading my drive capacity in parallel, so I have a set of disks to play with!   ;-)

DP77
Paper Tape
Views: 1,801
Message 8 of 55

I have the very same problem! The performance of my RAID 5 array (18 TByte) dropped from 111 MB/s to 11 MB/s....

I think I will return to the old firmware, but of course I hope Lenovo will fix it as soon as possible! 

DP

Shlomico1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,790
Message 9 of 55

I have same problem with PX4-400D

Is it possible to downgade to 4.1.408... from GUI like im doing the update?

AlexMil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,764
Message 10 of 55

Sadly I have to say I'm experiencing the same performance issue after I upgraded my Lenovo NAS to the latest version. My LAN is a Gigabit network and I had a 100-103Mb/s performance when reading from NAS to my Windows 10 computer, after the firmware update the speed dropped to 9Mb/s.

Why these firmwares are released without any quality control, I shouldn't expect this from a brand like Lenovo isn't it?

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals