Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AthanasiosM9
Paper Tape
Views: 8,068
Message 1 of 7

Cant install Linux-Ubuntu on ideapad 32015IAP

Dear people,

I bought ideapad 32015IAP with preinstalled Windows 10. Than i tried to install Ubuntu, first i tried dual boot, but Ubuntu didnt recognized installed Windows, so i tried to install just Ubuntu, it was fine than it get stucked at 66% of install at "update grub" and that was the end. I tried other Ubuntu distros, lots of them dont want to boot at all, even if i switched in Bios secure boot and tried all options: with uefi, with legacy, updated Bios...But i didnt find a solutions!

If someone know how to it will be great Smiley Happy

Stay good!

AthanasiosM9
Paper Tape
Views: 8,099
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cant install Linux-Ubuntu on ideapad 32015IAP

I made it and im happy Smiley Happy

sreeramtkd
What's DOS?
Views: 7,729
Message 3 of 7

What is solution ? Please post that too Smiley Wink

Noehlmann
Punch Card
Views: 7,641
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

Try Ubuntu 18.04 or Bionic the version for ATOM Processor on http://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com/

It works on my Ideapad MIIX 320-10ICR with limitations. (no sound, problems with screen rotation)

Best Regards

Noehlmann

sreeramtkd
What's DOS?
Views: 7,481
Message 5 of 7

@Noehlmann mine is 32015IAP with Intel Quad core. I tried multilpe versions of linux but no luck of getting Grub installed properly. Even if the OS gets installed can't installed dual MBR in it i.e Windows+Linux. Even after disabling UEFI in BIOS can't get the Grub to load. But I was able to install Elementry OS with no dual boot option Smiley Sad kind of stuck with just one OS.

jcadej
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,257
Message 6 of 7

I installed Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS on my Ideapad 320 15IAP just today, April 28. I used F2 at boot <with the Ubuntu bootable memory stick in a USB port already> to access BIOS, then set legacy boot and legacy support. I enabled USB booting and set the USB device to top priority (below the EFI text that is fixed in place). When I pressed F10 and the system rebooted, it booted from the USB into Ubuntu with installation option. It DID NOT detect Windows 10, but I did not want to keep that anyway. Actually I tried to set dual boot, but nothing seemed to work - always hit difficulty with loading the GRUB2 OS selector. I tried booting from W10 system restore advanced options with various BIOS settings, but none seemed to work - EFI or Legacy, Secure Boot or not. Oh, booting from Windows restore at least did allow Ubuntu to recognize the Windows boot manager, but it never finished install due to the GRUB issue. Installing only Ubuntu means there is NO Grub loader required.
Joachim2plus
What's DOS?
Views: 443
Message 7 of 7

I had the same problem.Grub2 hanging.I cancelled the installation . The remaining I do from Grub Commandline with set prefix,set root,insmod linux,normal ,after boot in terminal : sudo grub-update.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors