Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FreezingPT
Paper Tape
Views: 1,205
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 700-15ISK doesn't recognize linux in boot after instalation

Hi

So I wanted to run linux as well as windows in the same ssd, while saving my files in my hardrive.

For that, I used 16gb of unnalocated space in my sdd, turning it in 25gb for the OS linux. After that I separated my hard drive in more or less half for windows, half for linux. All of it were not formated.

Next I booted withmy usb, and installed linux in the SSD (EXT4 format) "/"format, put the /home in my hard drive space(EXT4), and created a swap area in my hdd matching my ram (8gb).

The problem is, when I boot my laptop, it doesn't recognize that linux is installed and goes straight for Windows.  I changed the boot setting in bios to 1st one to boot is the SSD.

In the image bellow is the information of my partitions. If you require some more information tell me and I will put it here.

Thank you

Sem Título.png

http
Paper Tape
Views: 880
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 700-15ISK doesn't recognize linux in boot after instalation

Looks like your installation was a success -- your partitions look reasonable anyway. Nowadays, with UEFI, boot logic is independent of partitioning. To temporarily boot into a different OS, Windows made me go through a series of steps. I don't have it on the tip of my tongue, but it was similar to Control Panel -> System -> Boot -> Advanced. This results in a blurb that the machine must restart. You can then choose to boot from external media, or to another OS. To permanently be given a choice at boot whether to do Windows or Linux, I use the Linux boot manager, which is called GRUB2.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors