2) virtually virus free and you don't need to buy or subscribe for any anti-virus software 3) free Office you can read/write and create documents compatible with MS Office 4) same Internet browsing experience
5) professional-grade operating system you can run Web servers, FTP. 6) remote access to your system with full graphic. 7) all possible media format capabilities 8) automatic updates 9) ability to effectively run virtual images of multiple OS such as Windows XP, Windows 2008, including that one you've got with the laptop.
What is working. Pretty much all the hardware is nicely supported including most of the special hotkeys.
1.Download a proprietary AMD video driver.
1. To avoid graphic problems use nomodeset option during the installation and the first boot.
2. After the installation under root user install AMD proprietary driver and execute a command
You may run AMD Catalyst Control Center later on to finally adjust all the video settings.
After the installation
1. To enable WiFi you should blacklist acer_wmi module.
create a file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and add one line:
1. Bluetooth device may disapper.
Simply reload default settings in a BIOS.
Enjoy the freedom.
Note: Lenovo doesn't provide any support for Linux.
_______________________________________________________ T430u, x301, x200T, x61T, x61, x32, x41T, x40, U160, ThinkPad Tablet 1838-22R, Z500 touch, Yoga Tab 2 Windows 8.1, Yoga Tablet 3 Pro Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo! If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else! English CommunityDeutsche CommunityComunidad en EspañolРусскоязычное Сообщество