Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Ctrl-Alt-Del
0 Kudos

Re: T410: How to dual boot Win 7 with Ubuntu?

Thank you for your patience. I will make my recovery discs and install ubuntu tomorrow Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

Re: T410: How to dual boot Win 7 with Ubuntu?

Hello

I'm new at linux so I'm pretty lost as to what to do next...

I just got a thinkpad t410, and I also want to dual boot with linux. I'd like to run it on a separate partition.

So my question is, I want to keep the current version of windows 7 on my thinkpad, and also to install ubuntu linux. Where would I go to partition my disk space? Would it be within windows, or should I do the partitioning when I install linux?

As well, I read around other forums talking about the original three partitions the thinkpad came with out of the box. Which partitions are necessary to keep, and which are expendable? I only have 128 gb of space, so I'd like to make the most out of it Smiley Happy I've made the recovery boot and media disks, so I assume that means i can get rid of the partition for media back up? More importantly, how would i get rid of these partitions corretly?

I've been trying to look for the LOWEST level guide but there aren't any Smiley Sad  I dont want to make any mistakes haha.

Thanks!

Kenny