cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MountainX
Token Ring
Views: 1,103
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad Yoga - Which Full-sized Stylus Is Compatible with Linux?

I have a Yoga 370. I find the stylus that comes with this model is too small for comfort. Is there a larger stylus that works under Linux?

From the following thread, I know of two models that work with the newer ThinkPad Yogas under Windows:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Yoga-370-Which-Full-sized-Stylus-Is-Com...

This is also relevant:

Which wacom tech in Yoga?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Which-wacom-tech-in-Yoga/m-p/4073019/hi...

I purchased a Wacom Bamboo Ink. However, it does not simply work out of the box with Linux (unless my stylus is defective). After the battery is inserted, should it work immediately (i.e., draw on the screen or activate touch responses)?

I assume the Bluetooth activation is just for the buttons. I did pair it via Bluetooth, but I do not get any results after doing that either. (The stock Lenovo stylus does function properly.)

MountainX
Token Ring
Views: 1,074
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Yoga - Which Full-sized Stylus Is Compatible with Linux?

@MountainX wrote:

I purchased a Wacom Bamboo Ink. However, it does not simply work out of the box with Linux (unless my stylus is defective). After the battery is inserted, should it work immediately (i.e., draw on the screen or activate touch responses)?

I assume the Bluetooth activation is just for the buttons. I did pair it via Bluetooth, but I do not get any results after doing that either. (The stock Lenovo stylus does function properly.)

Yes, it should "just work". However, this pen has two different compatibility modes (Wacom AES and MS Pen Protocol). So if it doesn't work, switch protocols by holding down both pen buttons at the same time for 2 seconds.

Now, as far as assigning the pen buttons to actions in Linux, I have not yet figured that out. Anyone know how to do it?

cass00
Paper Tape
Views: 416
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Yoga - Which Full-sized Stylus Is Compatible with Linux?

One button is hardwired for the eraser switch, the other can be mapped to any mouse button (and then to any other function from there). Let me know if you want details.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors