cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
megaoetzwuchst
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,748
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad T470 with Fibocom Broadband - Mobile Broadband not working in Ubuntu 17.04

Hi all,

I have issues getting mobile (3/4g) broadband to work with my new T470 Thinkpad. In Ubuntu, the Fibocom Adapter is only detected as a generic MBIM adapter, and although Network Manager (and it's applet) display my network provider, the connection is not established, and the system process mbim-proxy is hanging at 100% CPU.

This issue has been reported here (but seems to remain unsolved ?) : https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg158286.html

Did anyone get this to work?

Best whishes and thanks for any hints!

megaoetzwuchst
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,320
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad T470 with Fibocom Broadband - Mobile Broadband not working in Ubuntu 17.04

No news on this Smiley Sad If you are looking for a short-term solution:

This will only be feasible if you have a couple of days at hand and like editing linux config files.

The modem works with vwdial and gnome-ppp. Both of these programs are designed for dial-up modems, but connect fine to modern 3/4g nets if you are lucky. You will need to search the specific settings for your provider's settings.

This page provides some of the background and code:

ddeath
What's DOS?
Views: 215
Message 3 of 4

Re: Thinkpad T470 with Fibocom Broadband - Mobile Broadband not working in Ubuntu 17.04

I just tested it and it is working now.

You have to manualy create a connection but after the first time you create it, it will work

megaoetzwuchst
Fanfold Paper
Views: 204
Message 4 of 4

Oh, that's really great news! What Linux / Ubuntu version are you running?

Best,

Daniel

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors