Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blackref
Fanfold Paper
Views: 588
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad Yoga 260 slow Grub

Hello everybody i bought a "TP yoga 260"  one  week and an half ago , and i ' d say that i ' m satisfied of purchase . Since the beginning anyway i sorted some problems . 

The first is the one in the object : since i want to dualboot or at least  use some linux based utilities such as PartedMagic for example i noticed that "grub 2" (the boot loader  of many of the utilities /ISOs) is extremely slow to boot  and all is animations as well are slow ; for example moving from a choise to another  through the arrows takes ages , or at least it is possible to sense a delay that is not present on any of the other machines that i possess. Anyway after booting in the OS , or ISO ,etc everything works fine ...

In general i would say that this is not the fastest notebook that i ' ve ever had , even if  it is more powerfool than many others , the boot is not as fast as i expected . 

I sensed this even with the recovery USB  that i tried to factory reset the device , and it took ages to complete the process , but maybe this is standard .

Any of you had these kind of troubles or do you have any suggestions to solve the problem ? Thank you in advance and have a nice day. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors