Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 91 of 125 (3,554 Views)

Re: Validity Fingerprint Reader Linux

Just created an account only to tell you that I urgently need a linux fingerprint driver for 138a:0090 (X1-Carbon 4th).

I really do not understand, why Lenovo isn't able to push Validity into the right direction.

This was possibly my last Lenovo.

What's DOS?
Message 92 of 125 (3,803 Views)

Arch Linux on a Lenovo P50 here.  Was really surprised to see that there isn't any support for the fingerprint reader.  Not even binary drivers.

Registered to toss my superficial vote in for getting this fingerprint reader working.  I hope to see support for this soon!

Paper Tape
Message 93 of 125 (3,619 Views)

+1

It would be great to get official Linux support to get the fingerprint reader on my T460p running!

Fanfold Paper
Message 94 of 125 (3,565 Views)

Dear lenovo!

I have not purchused my Yoga 910 just to find out how unsupported its internals are!!!

please DO YOUR JOB and support your customers!

Talk to your synaptic people and make them create linux binary drivers.

my device is the "138a:0094" one.

Highlighted
What's DOS?
Message 95 of 125 (3,081 Views)

Just an Ubuntu guy here and got my Lenovo P50 last week. I will not use Windows, espeicially now with the privacy concerns. I would like to use my Validity fingerprint scanner. Maybe if we say "please"? C'mon, Lenovo. Get your vendor to write a fricking driver for Linux. Please?!!!!!

What's DOS?
Message 96 of 125 (2,579 Views)

I am also an Ubuntu person. First I thought there is a way and I don't know it yet, but it's so dissapointing to see I can't use the cool fingerprint I have and it has to be for decoration only!

Paper Tape
Message 97 of 125 (2,504 Views)

My 2 cents: I am a Linkus-only person. The good compatibility with Linux is one of the major reasons I buy Thinkpad laptops. The non-functional fingerprint reader on my P50 is not a dealbreaker but it would be good to have it working.

Paper Tape
Message 98 of 125 (2,412 Views)

X1 Carbon 5th-gen Linux user here. Either Lenovo or Synaptic should be responsible for this intolerable incompatibility between fingerprint reader and linux os. Since this is a Lenovo community forum, I strongly urge Levono to give your customers a dependable solution. Otherwise, you are losing your customers and brand reputation. 

-Ann

What's DOS?
Message 99 of 125 (2,345 Views)

I wanted to register to express my displeasure with the inability to use Linux on newer thinkpads and have everything work. Linux compatability is the reason i've always looked at the Thinkpad line of Lenovos. After this, and 0 response from Lenovo I'll be choosing a company that embraces Linux for all my future purchases for myself and my company. I reccomend you all do the same.

https://system76.com/

http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/555/campaigns/xps-linux-laptop?c=us&l=en&s=biz

https://www.entroware.com/store/

Paper Tape
Message 100 of 125 (2,273 Views)

I'm another dissatisfied Linux user. I hoped Lenovo would work on that after so many users showed interest, it's really disappointing to see otherwise.

Top kudoed Authors