cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wintermute42
Punch Card
Views: 3,413
Message 121 of 124

Re: X1 Carbon Gen 6 cannot enter deep sleep (S3 state aka Suspend-to-RAM) on Linux

I had some issues with acpi.ec_no_wakeup=1 (also Ubuntu 18.04 with kernel 4.15). At first it worked fine, but then the laptop wouldn't sleep anymore - it just immediately woke up again. Haven't looked into it yet, but maybe I'll give it another try.
rh78
Punch Card
Views: 3,383
Message 122 of 124

Re: X1 Carbon Gen 6 cannot enter deep sleep (S3 state aka Suspend-to-RAM) on Linux

On Fedora 4.16.8-300 on an X1C Yoga 3rd gen (very close cousin to the X1C6), my experiences with

acpi.ec_no_wakeup=1

is that the machine appears to go to sleep (the light on the lid is blinking and it stays asleep) but the power consumption while "sleeping" is awful.  It should be around .1 to .2 W/hr but is around 10x that amount (see this link for a similar issue).  The power consumption I am getting in "Sleep" is roughly equivalent to what I get when the screen dims after not using the machine but the machine is still awake (~2W/hr). 

I am using hibernation and hoping this will someday be sorted. 

piehei
Paper Tape
Views: 3,095
Message 123 of 124

I have this very same problem. Sleep ("Suspend to RAM" in Kubuntu 18.04) makes the computer go to some sleep-like state but the energy consumption seems to be roughtli 1.5 W/h.

DrHouse1
Paper Tape
Views: 2,218
Message 124 of 124

@Roman79: I agree that even under Windows the modern Standby is unusable and drains horrible amounts of battery. I have around 2.5%/hour whereas I think 0.3%/hour is considered acceptable.

I have opened a thread for windows users having problem with X1C6 battery drain in sleep.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-6th-Gen-Battery-drain-in-sleep/td-p...

I would be glad if you could state your battery drain in %/hour or mW and, if applicable, main opponents as reported by microsofts powercfg /sleepstudy.

Top Kudoed Authors