Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bigredarthur
What's DOS?
Views: 862
Message 11 of 41

Re: X1 Yoga 3rd Gen S3 Sleep Linux

Hi there, I would also like to push for a bios update for s3 sleep. This seems like a no brainer and I can’t imagine, other than a lack of attention by engineers, any technical reason why this should be delayed. This can only help you sell devices!

X1Y3Sucks
What's DOS?
Views: 778
Message 12 of 41

It's been 73 days since the X1 Carbon 6th Gen got the S3 sleep option in BIOS, yet the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen still doesn't have it with BIOS 1.27.

The lack of S3 sleep for the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen should not be ignored, and the discussion should not be scattered and forgotten.

Please consider merging this thread with a master thread regarding S3 sleep fix: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-3rd-Gen-S3-Sleep-Linux/m-p/4235264

AlexXXL
Core Memory
Views: 621
Message 13 of 41

Same issue here.

I've bought this for $3000, and it don't have sleep option? What a hell.

I don't need your top-notch-buggy-modern-standby, Which acting worser than cheap laptop because it can't live in my bag for a day without burning it, and draining battery, so it may be treated as desktop? But it is not. each and every desktop much better than this $3000 piece because of price, performance and lot other indicators.

Lenovo, I'm with you since 2004, when you've been IBM. Those times grass was greener, trees were higher, and Thinkpads was best laptops in the world. Now you're marching to those cheap Asus and Acers, yet, byquality only. Price remains high.

Please, please! Dismiss Trackpoint from new Thinkpad laptops, so I can forget entirely, and switch to Dell or Macs.

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean. Fair warning.

gwilson19
Fanfold Paper
Views: 570
Message 14 of 41

Lenovo, please add proper S3 support to the X1 Yoga 3rd Gen BIOS as you did for the X1 Carbon Gen 6. Please.

wesleyyin
802.11n
Views: 540
Message 15 of 41

Dear LENOVO:

S1 Connected Standby is Microsoft's attempt (perhaps just an illusion) to make a laptop standby like a phone, and it is super buggy. No one is using X1 Yoga as a phone. Instead, they use X1 Yoga as a business laptop. A laptop is often left on a table or in a bag unplugged for hours. During this time, S1 Connected Standby drains the battery unnecessarily, shortening the time the laptop can be used after recovering from sleep. This is very annoying. Please add S3 Sleep just as you did for X1 Carbon Gen 6, which shares a similar platform with X1 Yoga Gen 3.

zaxmyth
Fanfold Paper
Views: 532
Message 16 of 41

Lenovo, We are begging you; please add S3 support to the X1 Yoga G3

...or at the very least confirm that you've heard us and that you are either A) planning to resolve this in a future BIOS update and maybe an ETA, B) considering resolving this but have yet to decide or C) have decided you absolutely will not be resolving this issue and please provide an explanation.

It has been 99 days since the S3-enabled BIOS was released for the X1 Carbon G6. That BIOS update enabled the most basic sleep functionality for Linux users of that system. There have been two BIOS releases since then for the X1 Yoga G3 and neighter has included the same basic S3 functionality. Please resolve this.

I'd like to continue using my X1 Yoga G3 but my ability to do that depends on how Lenovo is planning to deal with this problem. Lenovo have been good supporters of your Linux users in the past - please don't let us down.

LvanderRee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 489
Message 17 of 41

Lenovo, have you been readin what all people asking here?

It's not just one user that is missing this basic feature... 

After the last firmware update my system immediately get out of standby, draining my battery before I want to use it again!

Before I could patch it with the ACPI override patch, making it cumbersome to patch every kernel update, but usefull. Now it is useless and should I turn off my computer completely. I cannot remember how long it is that I had to do that! 

wurstpfote
Punch Card
Views: 485
Message 18 of 41

The ACPI kernel override is working fine for me with the 1.27 BIOS.

LvanderRee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 433
Message 19 of 41

Hmm, can I ask what OS and kernel you are running.

I am running Fedora 29 with Linux Kernel 4.19.8-300.fc29.x86_64

In s2idle standby everything works, but with higher consumption (just like in Windows, which drained my battery that was at 50% in one night!)

In deep sleep the system wakes up immediately now, with dmesg message:

xhci_hcd 0000:3c:00.0: xHCI host controller not responding, assume dead 

and when I try it again I see

PM: Some devices failed to suspend, or early wake event detected

Complete output from dmesg is attached

wurstpfote
Punch Card
Views: 412
Message 20 of 41

Linux eimer4 4.9.0-8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.130-2 (2018-10-27) x86_64 GNU/Linux

[~] cat /sys/power/state
freeze mem disk

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors