Did you mean: 
Highlighted
blamb79
What's DOS?
Views: 622
Message 1 of 369

Android 2.3 (gingerbread)

Hi Batmania,

Now that google have officially released anrdoid 2.3 do you have any idea when we can expect the arrival of this new tasty treat on our milestone 2's and is there anyway to get onto the list of testers for 2.3?

Here's to hoping Motorola give us a nice treat for christmas which could only go to help sales over the festive periodSmiley Happy!

Regards,

Ben.

StevePritchard
Token Ring
Message 2 of 369

Re: Android 2.3 (gingerbread)

Yes, I'd be keen to be involved in this too.

The timing is a shame really, as the Milestone 2 was trumpeted as using the latest version of Android (is it the only phone to be released with it?), and then within a few weeks of release, Google release Android 2.3.

I think Motorola would do well to work on upgrading the Milestone 2 to maintan that competitive edge of it being the "latest".

Cheers,

Steve

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 3 of 369

Steve/Ben-

Once the various regional teams and software teams discuss plans we'll post information on the site.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
jyt2011
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 369

The top, the requirements to upgrade 2.3

abcdos
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 369

Hi Mark,

I currently own a MS1 and am looking perhaps to buy Milestone2. Do you know is there some sort of date when the "various regional teams and software teams discuss plans" will happen? When will we see some sort of timetable for 2.3 upgrade be updated on the Motorola Android Software Upgrade News site?

Or Milestone2 will be abandoned for 2.3 like the D2 rumor going around?

emale
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 369

Hi all,

I think that more important question is when is Motorola going to release fixes to all bugs found in current 2.2 version.

There are many different bugs in 2.2.16 (music player, network and clock issues etc) which makes usage of this phone very uncomfortable. Now it is more than 4 months without any software update for EMEA region.

I've heard that this delay is because Motorola is cooking 2.3 upgrade but I really doubt. Milestone 1 update to 2.2. took a lot of time and I'm affraid that MM2 will remain on 2.2  - hope with fixed software.

blamb79
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 369

Hey All,

I really am starting to think that motorola's dev team have no clue - 5 months for an update is absolutely ridiculous when there are clearly a number of fairly serious bugs with the software on this phone. The hardware is amazing it's such a shame the software isn't. I like to think Motorola would give us the option of choosing a vanilla version of the software if they can't release any bug fixes.

I'm a developer myself and there is no way that you can't deliver updates on a regular basis, the user community would be so much happier to see small fixes on a regular basis than no releases - they don't have the usual excuse of saying the carrier is delaying the updates so this is all down to the software development team(s).

I would love to have the opportunity to work on fixing Motorola's development issues, perhaps they need a decent lead with TTD and Agile development delivering a piece of work at the end of a 2 - 4 week cycle that can be tested and then delivered to the user community.

I'm starting to think it's all outsourced to a bunch of over paid cowboys.

simonmago
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 369

Recently,

it was announced an upgrade to 2.3 on Xperia x10. If not released in the coming months, for the milestone 2, will be scandalous...

After that, who would trust to buy other motorola phones (ex. milestone 3)?

However, where is the 2.2 update (2.2.2)?

P.s. Sorry for my English. ^^

phoenixtank
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 369

So... GB leaked for Droid 2 and X recently.

Glad to see something is being done, but sad we are kept so in the dark.

The new blur looks great and I hope it is coming to the milestone 2 as well as the above.

simonmago
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 369

Gingerbread Android 2.3 will be released for HTC Desire, Desire HD and Desire Z...