Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 221
Message 331 of 369

Re: Android 2.3 (gingerbread)

As you know we've begun rolling out the upgrade in Europe. Watch the for more information on other regions and other countries within Europe.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
martin_cz
What's DOS?
Message 332 of 369

Mark, please about security. We're on 2.3.4 ATM, please, were fixes for this backported and fixed or not ?

http://www.cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2011-2357/

http://www.cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2011-2344/

as we don't have, or I haven't seen changelog from release notes . Can you please ask someone ?

Thanks in advance.

lukacuckovic
What's DOS?
Message 333 of 369

Hallo Mark,

I also got the problem with MSU not recognising my model and operator... With the last update (2.4.24) I had no problems, sys ver is Version.62.4.24.a953.retail.en.DE, build no mils2_u6_2.4.24, and debugging makes no difference, since MSU turns it off?

And I always get the ˝There is no software update currently available for your mobile device.  Please check back for new releases.˝

please help,

thanks in advance,

Luka

Update: I solved the problem by using a different computer

The problem now is that my wifi isnt working? Can You help?

Thanks,

suyongsun
What's DOS?
Message 334 of 369

I want to know when the update will roll out for the Asia retail. Thanks.

StevePritchard
Token Ring
Message 335 of 369

udria wrote:

Update completed and phone working properly... Android version is 2.3.4.

There is the new Motorola interface and I think it's pretty cool. Phone seems a little bit snappier, but I need more time for testing it.

Debounce problem on hardware keyboard is always there, and that's a real shame...

I'd say that the debounce problem has been fixed. I haven't had it once since the upgrade.

udria
What's DOS?
Message 336 of 369

I think I'm not so lucky... I will try to send it back for repair...

Highlighted
StevePritchard
Token Ring
Message 337 of 369

udria wrote:

I think I'm not so lucky... I will try to send it back for repair...

That would be my advice.  I think there are two parts to the problem; software and hardware. I think over time the keyboard contacts degrade, and the lack of debounce in the (old) software made the problem apparent. I've not seen the problem with the GB update, so I can only assume the software has been addressed.

Perhaps your keyboard has degraded so much that the software can't cope?  If you are going to send it back for repair, then a) it might be worth trying a full hard reset first to see if that gives any improvement, and b) make sure the phone hasn't been rooted, otherwise they will return it without fixing it, as they did with mine - I should have reflashed stock before returning it rather than a hard reset - I thought that was enough.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Steve.

udria
What's DOS?
Message 338 of 369

No root after GB update, so, probably, I shouldn't have any problem (I hope)...

mgroeber9110
What's DOS?
Message 339 of 369

Luka,

that was actually a very valuable tip, because I had exactly the same problem ("No software update currently available") with the same firmware build as yours (mils2_u6_2.4.24). After installing MSU on a different PC (Windows 7, in case this matters, while the old one was Windows XP), I was able to install the Gingerbread update.

I didn't try this, but I wonder if uninstalling/reinstlling all Moto drivers as well as MSU might also fix the issue.

It probably won't be as much help to you, but my Wifi kept working fine after the update.

ciao marcus

lukacuckovic
What's DOS?
Message 340 of 369

Marcus,

I'm so happy I was of assistance ;-)

I tried REinstaling the drivers on my w7 computer, to no avail... and, the wifi problem is fixed by changing the channel of the router, phones dont support #13 for some reason...

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/62928?tstart=0

Best regards,

Luka