Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonkerv
What's DOS?
Views: 236
Message 91 of 369

Re: Android 2.3 (gingerbread)

And to think I almost bought the Xperia 10, if I had made ​​that choice now I would have much better support. is sad to see that Motorola is very quick to censor comments and slow to serve its customers. Another #motofail

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 92 of 369

We can confirm that we expect the Android 2.3 upgrade for Milestone 2 users in Europe to begin rolling out in early Q4.  More details on timing for each country will be shared closer to availability.

For LatAm users I don't have a similar confirmation at this time, however I will post additional information when I receive it.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
StevePritchard
Token Ring
Message 93 of 369

Thanks for the info Mark.

udria
What's DOS?
Message 94 of 369

Thank's Mark, I really appreciate it!!! Smiley Wink

jonkerv
What's DOS?
Message 95 of 369

Thanks for the reply Mark. I really hope that Motorola think about the Latin America consumers, especially the ones from Brazil this time,  since we did'nt even receive the 2.2.2 update. I think a multinational corporation as Motorola should treat all their customers the same way, i also paid for the product, so I must have the same support that any european or north american consumer has.

Thanks one more time and please do not #motofail again with America Latin consumers.

periclesgsilva
What's DOS?
Message 96 of 369

Thank you Mark. I appreciate the answer.

Btw, Gb running like a charm!

kioshi
What's DOS?
Message 97 of 369

Yup, here in Brazil we have such a Motorola fanbase (myself included) and with all those failings like giving the Atrix 2.3 and leaving others in the dust, I'm finding it hard to convince my friends to buy a Motorola and I see the brand's appeal here declining.

They're all gravitating towards Samsung because of the update delays and Motoblur (I don't have a problem with Motoblur - although I'd rather not have it - but it's so criticized by tech sites, here and American ones, and other Moto-owning people that some friends bought Sonys and Samsungs because of what they read/heard, no matter if they actually saw Blur). And obviously my early adopter friends have switched from Motorola because of the locked bootloader and the delay in updating, most of them with Galaxy S or iPhones (jailbroken because they are well, early adopters so they're geeky, I am too but not in a hurry to switch my phone).

The term #motofail is almost a meme here among the geeky ones because of locked bootloader, lack of updates and now... argh... Pentile. And even with crappy Pentile the iPhone4's battery lasts longer. In fact Pentile may be the factor I'll change brands after so many years, I know Samsung uses it but their super amoled whatever thing covers Pentile's weaknesses at least.

Kinda sad because I can't find a phone that matches the all-metal build quality of my Milestone 2 - from what I've seen not even the Droid 3 is as good in that aspect. I think the Defy and the Milestone are the best phones ever built talking material quality-wise and the only ones I never used I case with - oh before that I had a RAZR V3 for 9 years (still got it) and never used a case, it looks brand new except the camera isn't working but that's expected after all this time, it stopped working in 2009, and that phone went through some serious abuse (including watery ones Smiley Happy.

jonkerv
What's DOS?
Message 98 of 369

I contacted Motorola Brazil asking if they would update the Milestone 2 in Brasil. As always gotthe following generic response:

"Although we have no information to update the device Android 2.3.

Once this update is available, it will be at the following link:

http://direct.motorola.com/PRL/SoftwareUpdateSelect.asp?country=BRA&language=PRL&web_page_name=SUPPO...

Should you require further clarification, please contact by phone

Capital and metropolitan areas: 4002 1244 and for other locations 0800 773 1244

Alternatively visit our Chat channel from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 21:00 and Saturdays from 08:00 to 18:00.

Follow link for access:

http://motorola-global-portal-pt.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch/

Sincerely,

Customer Service Motorola Brazil"

Since we didint get the 2.2.2, why should i hope to get the 2.3? I think we will have another # motofail here.

ritap
What's DOS?
Message 99 of 369

i've found this article but portoguese isn't easy for me to understand:

http://www.euandroid.com.br/noticia/2011/09/exclusivo-motorola-obrigada-pela-justica-brasileira-a-at...

what's going on there?

jonkerv
What's DOS?
Message 100 of 369

What happened was that a Brazilian consumer who owns a Motorola Dext (equivalent to Cliq, but sold here under another name in Brazil) has sued Motorola from Brazil for not providing the update to the Android 2.1, as it had been available to consumers in other countries.

Motorola Brazil lost in court and is now obliged to provide the update for it, under penalty of fine. In my opinion is very fair, there is no reason not to give equal support to all users, regardless of their nationality. I hope that Motorola has learned a lesson and start to provide adequate support to all customers.