cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hermano1
What's DOS?
Message 11 of 369

Re: Android 2.3 (gingerbread)

Last month samsung made updates to 2.3 to all his devices...

Sincerelly Im very dissaponted with Motorola and Ill be waiting untill april ends and if they wont realize updates for my milestone 2 my next smartphone will not be motorola for sure.

Its so hard to say this for me, being client since Motorola StarTAC. I had all my phones only from Motorola thats why I realize how hard its gonna be likely to leave friend that dissapointed you.

Best regards.

simonmago
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 369

(Samsung Galaxy S - Update to 2.3.3 Gingerbread)

iamlyg98
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 369

I think Moto's phone is the last choice for my next phhone. Before get my milestone2, I can't believe that A smartphone can't play mp3, but for moto, it is a reality.

smackywolf
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 369

It seems like Moto still doesn't understand how to keep customers happy. While we'd all most certainly prefer to be told "Hey, the update is out now! Go download it!" it would certainly reduce the clamours of rage if we had some kind of information.

The moral of this story is be transparent. Users like to know what's going on, and there is no reason to keep people in the dark. All that people want to know is if it is coming, and if there's even a vague release date.

This isn't asking for the world. We've purchased this product under good faith that there will be updates in a timely fashion so that our rather expensive smart phones will keep up with other phones on the market, and continue to service us as best they can. Obfuscating the process and refusing to release any information at all just makes people angry, and less likely to come back as a customer. This, right here, is the reason that Motorola came so close to failing completely. Not understanding how to look after a customer base that wants your product, and keeping everything hidden from view. Please don't forget that America is not the only market that matters. 

"Protecting your IP" is one thing. Hurting your customers because your processes are dumb is an entirely seperate thing.

hermano1
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 369

This is ridiculous, they even dont patch existing bugs on sold devices! My Milestone 2 WiFi connection is barely working,  unlock screen lag like hell, build-in player doesn't playing standard  mp3 files, and captured videos are worst than VGA camera, screen lag  when scroll up and down, keyboard typing is a serious challenge cause  its double typing letters...

There are many people I know who are disappointed with motorola policy.

Personally I´ve started to  look for buying "somewhere else" and certainly my next choice wont be  motorola smartphone.And probably will never be again. Let them stay on  continental North America market until they don't make things right.

simonmago
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 369

I quote all!

lucasdsss
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 369

Motorola! Please, release an update or just let us update from an custom rom!

I'm really thinking in give up from motorola and buy an iPhone 4, at least I will be updated!

waigx
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 369

HTC Desire HD and Incredible S already have OTA upgrade to 2.3 a few days ago.

So, Motorola locked the bootloader with really tough attitude, you moto guys do hate community ROMs right?

Okey just officially fix these annoying bugs of Milestone 2, but moto do nothing after release it. It's ironic that motorola is so lazy while motorola don't need communities.

Motorola is a real man, That's cool.

lynx2k
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 369

Motorola forgets too easily. The Motorola droid saved the company from bankruptcy last year.Your poor customer service will probably send you guys back there soon.

If we don't get an update soon the milestone 2 will be the last motorola phone for alot of us buy.

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 20 of 369

Subscribe to this thread for info:

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee