Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevePritchard
Token Ring
Message 21 of 369

Re: Android 2.3 (gingerbread)

Mark (Forums Manager) wrote:

Subscribe to this thread for info: Milestone 2: Upgrade/Update News for Non-U.S. Models

Mark

Support Forums Manager

That's a great idea, Mark. However, the thread isn't populated with information soon/regularly, then it could well end up being counter-productive.

Cheers,

Steve.

hermano1
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 369

Sorry dear motorola staff. I have sold my milestone 2 at the begining of may and now im getting Samsung Galaxy S, wich is up to date and pretty reliable smartphone. I was thinking few month ago when ATRIX was released to buy one cause it has really outstanding hardware features but I`v changed my mind suddenly

As for all here. I insist that you must stop that humiliation by asking motorola updates of even bug patches. As I know there are other companies that are community friendly and respect their customers. Just go and buy elsewhere.

MOTOROLA, you are the only guilty of customer alienating. NEVER AGAIN!

blamb79
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 369

Wooo hooo 5 months of waiting and finally an update!! my goodness there must only be one developer on it, seems there isn't much of a bug list though which I find rather worrying - performance issues people here aren't complaining about so I hope it fixes more than just that.

Downloading now.

cassiusvm
Token Ring
Message 24 of 369

Hello,

When will Brazil's costumers get this update too, please?

Regards.

lynx2k
What's DOS?
Message 25 of 369

have you installed yet?

please confirm if this is thesame update that brings the android version on the Milestone 2 to version 2.2.2

I'm already on 2.2.2 and the update service says there is no update available for my device.

Thanks

StevePritchard
Token Ring
Message 26 of 369

According to discussion on XDA Developers the leaked version and the official version are identical (the MD5 hashes match).

Cheers,

Steve.

hermano1
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 369

Community 1 - Motorola 0.

This is the way Motorola works: after the patch was leaked they decided that there is no sense to keep it exclusively delaying update for ages, in every region. Look at defy update and you will understand.

Milestone 2 users, the update for gingerbread 2.3 will come out soon. It will be called Milestone 3... Cheers

lynx2k
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 369

StevePritchard wrote:

According to discussion on XDA Developers the leaked version and the official version are identical (the MD5 hashes match).

Cheers,

Steve.

I suspected as much. Thanks for clarifying that ...

lynx2k
What's DOS?
Message 29 of 369

hermano wrote:

Community 1 - Motorola 0.

This is the way Motorola works: after the patch was leaked they decided that there is no sense to keep it exclusively delaying update for ages, in every region. Look at defy update and you will understand.

Milestone 2 users, the update for gingerbread 2.3 will come out soon. It will be called Milestone 3... Cheers

lol ... you could be right you know. Seen pics of the Milestone 3 floating around already, looks nice.

But if I have to switch phones to stay current with google OS builds it's not going to be to a Motorola Droid 3 or any other Motorola.

Mark the update's an improvment and my phone does perform better but MOTOROLA is still lagging behind the competition. The milestone 2 is a flagship model and should be treated as such.

A patch is nice but we want Android 2.3.

check this comment from a non-Motorola user on Android central's post about the Milestone 2 update

"Are they still stuck on Froyo? Give the people Gingerbread already!"

http://www.androidcentral.com/software-update-now-available-motorola-milestone-2

Sad isn't it ...

udria
What's DOS?
Message 30 of 369