Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lynx2k
What's DOS?
Views: 301
Message 41 of 369

Re: Android 2.3 (gingerbread)

@Herman: sorry I didn't read that properly.

Thanks for pointing that out Emale

dcndx
What's DOS?
Message 42 of 369

You said it...fell better im not the only one :x

simonmago
What's DOS?
Message 43 of 369

The 2.3.3 update has been released for "motorola pro".

The upgrade was not announced.

Probably will be released soon for M2...

udria
What's DOS?
Message 44 of 369

Let's hope so... finger crossed!!!

StevePritchard
Token Ring
Message 45 of 369

simonmago wrote:

The 2.3.3 update has been released for "motorola pro".

The upgrade was not announced.

Probably will be released soon for M2...

I'd like to see it too for the M2, I think the key difference we have though is that the "Droid" phones, I think, are all linked with Verizon in the US, and so there's an element of co-ordination required between the two organisations (Motorola and Verizon). Although it may well be easier for Motorola to roll out software to our non-Droid phones, as they don't have to run it by any third party, there may well be pressure from Verizon to bring "their" latest devices up to 2.3.3 as it has an impact on their brand image. Obviously, we don't have a big corporate partner potentially applying that pressure on our behalf, so we might not get sure a priority (I don't know what the market sizes are between the Droid phones, and the non-US equivalents).

Cheers,

Steve.

hermano1
What's DOS?
Message 46 of 369

Save your precious time and mental health, go for open bootloader device. I sold my Milestone 2 and bought Samsung Galaxy S and fully customized it. I did that cause i dont wanna be humiliated by begging arround for updates and bug-fixes, they should provide. Now they are hardly promoting Atrix, but I bet, they gonna forget about it as soon as other Motorola devise is out. Look at Xoom Tab. USA customers got their updates in time, but somehow europeans must wait for something, even if they bought it from retailers.

Next Im going to buy Galaxy S II later this year, probably before Motorola ever release 2.3 android update.

StevePritchard
Token Ring
Message 47 of 369

hermano wrote:

Save your precious time and mental health, go for open bootloader device. I sold my Milestone 2 and bought Samsung Galaxy S and fully customized it. I did that cause i dont wanna be humiliated by begging arround for updates and bug-fixes, they should provide. Now they are hardly promoting Atrix, but I bet, they gonna forget about it as soon as other Motorola devise is out. Look at Xoom Tab. USA customers got their updates in time, but somehow europeans must wait for something, even if they bought it from retailers.

Next Im going to buy Galaxy S II later this year, probably before Motorola ever release 2.3 android update.

You may well be right, but if, like me, you want a device with a hardware keyboard, then that limits the choice quite a bit. I'm really hoping that the bootloader thing will be sorted out in future releases/devices from Motorola, because I must admit, I'm really liking the look of the Milestone 3 from the pictures I've seen...

Cheers,

Steve.

hermano1
What's DOS?
Message 48 of 369

There are alot of bluetooth keyboards for android phones. You can see an example here http://www.freedominput.com/

This stuff is making devises like Milestone 2 outdated.

StevePritchard
Token Ring
Message 49 of 369

hermano wrote:

There are alot of bluetooth keyboards for android phones. You can see an example here http://www.freedominput.com/

This stuff is making devises like Milestone 2 outdated.

I don't want to have to carry a keyboard around with me on the offchance that I might want to type something. I like the fact that it's integrated into the device.  I've had devices with qwerty keyboards for the last 6 years or so, and it's going to take something pretty special to turn me away from that.  ;-)

Cheers,

Steve.

ritap
What's DOS?
Message 50 of 369

There are leaked videos of a new "Milestone 3" out there... true or not, i think it's just a question of time for it to come out and i wonder if/how it could affect our chances to get such an upgrade on the MS2.