Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevePritchard
Token Ring
Views: 238
Message 51 of 369

Re: Android 2.3 (gingerbread)

I'm sure the videos are legitimate. Obviously, there's no way of telling from the videos when the device will be released, and whether it will only be a Droid, or whether there will be a "Milestone" version too (although, there's no reason to think that there wouldn't be).

However, you do raise an interesting point. With all the devices running Android, product differentiation is becoming harder and harder. Between manufacturers there is competition with regard to the overlay on the OS, i.e. Sense or Motoblur, but within a manufacturer's own range, if they keep the software the same, then that lessens the desire to upgrade to a new device, especially if the existing device already does a pretty good job on the hardware front.

I'd certainly like a Milestone 3 (I like the numbers on the keyboard, and the HDMI output could be useful), but you wonder how many people would say they are satisfied with the Milestone 2 if the software was brought up to date. It's difficult to imagine that the performance of the Milestone 3 (apart from the camera, perhaps) would be adequate alone to persuade people to upgrade if it presents the same software experience as their existing Milestone 2.

Cheers,

Steve.

lucasdsss
What's DOS?
Message 52 of 369

Agree! I can't believe I have such good hardware but with so limited software.

Since Feb. I'm using an class 10 micro SD card and I have being experienced some freezing on my phone, so doing some google I discovered at xda that this "incredible" phone doesn't support well an class 10 or even an class 6 card!

I have some friends saying its working with class 4, but at sandisk they are recommending class 2! Come on Motorola, let us upgrade our phone or at least fix this bugs!!!

Cheers,

Lucas - from Brazil

ritap
What's DOS?
Message 53 of 369

Yes Steve, this is something i cannot stand but indeed it happens quite often.

Should hardware builders like Moto ask for a reasonable fee for mayor software updates, like froyo -> gingerbread, this could be legit by my point of view, provided they fixed current software of course.

But i'd hate to trash a 1 year old phone just because of its software not being upgraded: our planet is polluted enough to make me upset about that.

I've seen some Motorola phones being around for years and I hope ours will be able to see december 2012

udria
What's DOS?
Message 54 of 369

Droid 3 hit the shelves with all its dual core (marketing) beauty.

I saw a video review: very nice phone, and the new version of Motoblur seems promising.

Sadly, no information about our loved Milestone 2... Milestone 1 received Froyo many month after Droid 2 was released.

Almost every Andoird phone by Motorola have been abandoned with their old os version...

I'm afraid we'll see Gingerbread not so soon...

udria
What's DOS?
Message 55 of 369

This silence by the community sounds like a surrender... sadly...

hermano1
What's DOS?
Message 56 of 369

I guess everyone are just ignoring this new release and I guess only few persons will dare to purchase this new device because there are many people who suffered big dissapointment with motorola bootloader/update policy. Just check their facebook page. They are losing their potential tablet buyers with Xoom update delaying. All they do, after selling the new phone to you, is promising new updates "soon", meanwhile a lot of outraged customers of Milestone 2, Defy wont buy their products anymore... Motorola is not community friendly company and thats why this brand is going to dissapear from market. Bet this!

sekil75
What's DOS?
Message 57 of 369

I just ordered HTC Desire S, after so many Motorola phones I owned. I just don't care for Motorola great hw anymore, this company is history as far as I'm concerned.

cobo_
What's DOS?
Message 58 of 369

Sadly, like most who own recent Motorola phones, I am extremely disappointed by the complete lack of support (as in OS updates for one) from Motorola.

As a consumer, I don't care one bit about how they might be hands-tied by the carriers; that is not my problem, and it reflects very poorly on Motorola, not the carriers (from a generalist perspective).

I came from an Apple iPhone 3G, and while the Milestone 2 hardware is great, the OS and software is very poor.

Unfortunately I am since regretting not getting an iPhone 4 instead of this phone (had it for ~6 months now).

I won't be buying Motorola again. (sad to say, but fool me once; shame on me, fool me twice; shame on you -- I have learnt my lession).

We won't get Android 2.3...but if we do, it will be so out of date by then that it'll be a joke.

lucasdsss
What's DOS?
Message 59 of 369

After Atrix be released with android 2.2 and we still waiting for 2.3 for milestone2, I decided to buy an Samsung Galaxy S2.

Bugs open for my Motorola:

physical keyboard repeting as was double pressed

Class 6/10 sd card stuking phone

constantly reboots

Out of memory for some apps, due to the wrong configuration in java vm heap size!

I think its not an bug, but the phone has poor wifi n performance.

Well done Motorola, well done!

zubaedi
What's DOS?
Message 60 of 369

When Gingerbread come officially for Milestone 2?